replacement boiler cost

The way the OP has described above, It sounds as if he is changing from open vent to combi.

Wouldn't be able to touch that price :eek:
Sounds like a newly self employed you also nows nowt about business :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
The thing about boiler changes is that that's where the qualifications get used, and good money earned. £250 for a guy only changing tap washers would be high.
Point is, you can't change say 4 boilers a week, because of the time spent quoting, and th way the work comes in. SOme days, the phone doesn't ring at all.

A typical "one man band" would maybe change about one boiler a week, with little jobs filling in the rest of the week.
If his GROSS profit turned out to be £1000 a week, he'd be earning something in the low £20k's per year, with no paid holiday or sickness.
Doesn't look so good now, does it.?

If his GROSS profit turned out to be £1000 a week, he'd be earning something in the low £20k's per year
He'd have to have his mrs on the payroll. But then probably not, as then he'd only be on ten grand a year :LOL:

Still say get three quotes and prepare to haggle. You'll get the real going rate in Manchester within 30 seconds.

If his GROSS profit turned out to be £1000 a week, he'd be earning something in the low £20k's per year
He'd have to have his mrs on the payroll. But then probably not, as then he'd only be on ten grand a year :LOL:

Still say get three quotes and prepare to haggle. You'll get the real going rate in Manchester within 30 seconds.

Prey do tell, what is the "real going rate" for Manchester?????????????

Sponsored Links
No idea, don't live there, no need to find out. But when he's had three quotes perhaps he can let us know. £500 might be the best one, who knows. If it is then thats what he'll have to pay.

i charge 250 a day for me and a lad and work 8.30am till about 2.30 pm Thats for local builders.Private jobs have more profit.

My charge for that job, excluding the TRVs, would be the cost of the boiler plus £1240 to include all the materials required if the gas supply upgrade was less than 3 m.

Tony

So it would appear most of us are singing from the same hymn sheet Tony ;)

Though you didn't have to give a price :LOL: :LOL:

British Gas Quoted over £2000 to replace an aged potterton with a combi, bearing in mind that BG would be getting the combi direct from manufacturer at less than £500 thats over £1500 for the same job our man wants £500 for

mkb then chadfieldpropertyservices. think youve just shot yourself in the foot ;)

"i charge 250 a day for me and a lad and work 8.30am till about 2.30 pm"

So you charge about £140/£150 when you are working 8.30 to 2.30 then?

:LOL: :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back