£25 gas certs, £25 EPC, PIReport £85..we aint got a chance:(

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
first post on here and it aint a happy one i must say.

we aint got a chance, theres a guy, presumably without a mortgage to pay who's doing gas certs for £25 - that includes central london areas and the surrounding areas! simply cant compete with these kind of prices and seriosly thinking of doing something else.

a periodic inspection report for £85, boiler service for £25 4 fuks sake.

what does everyone think? what do you lot charge for such services?

Sponsored Links
I saw a week or two back in my local paper some one doing boiler servicing for £30 also another add for a £50 landlords inspection including full boiler service :eek:

no replies?

the advert is here

Link removed by moderator

personally i would not trust someone offering these kinds of prices, its a **** take to the other tradesmen.

edit,
web adress deleted so not to give him publicity

i guess its a way of gaining a bigger customer base but by offering ridicoulously low prices and cutting everyone out of the game? its half of what another guy would charge and a third of what bigger companies would charge, why go that low?

Sponsored Links
Does this guy genuinely undercut people, or is it that most engineer's overcharge for their services?

I've been in the TV repair business..and seen relatively cheap and easy TV's to repair, replaced by component only swap items, that cost lots.., that has driven the TV repair industry to meltdown, and throwaway items, is that the case with boilers now? And will see an industry disappear, if they don't keep up?

£112 for a divertor, £250 fitted.? £150 markup worth it? Really? A couple of pipes.

it says on his website its 35 quid for a landlord cert - still cheap though but probably advertising 25 to get the hits from ebay

The price of a Landlords certificate really should depend on how long it takes. This is a difficulty especially if they're not in when you arrive.
I do mine in Sheffield where the air is clean :)

I think £35 is very competitive (cheap) for a Certificate. Although if there is just a boiler and a hob and you're doing two or three in the same area, on the same day, for a good Landlord then its almost fair, more so if you're trying to build up a customer base and woo people away from their expensive service contracts.
If a Landlord is organised, pays promptly , keeps things maintained and doesn't keep you hanging about waiting to get in, then you don't end up wasting time (filling out warning notices, chasing payments etc.) and you can get on with the job. They deserve a decent price.
Fires must cost more as they are much more work, looking up chimneys checking loft spaces etc.. I would want extra if I was fetching and returning keys. I would think that someone doing it in London for less must be working very long hours to make a buck, thinking of all the traffic and parking problems.

Sponsored Links
Back