13 Amp to 30 Amp

Sponsored Links
No.

Transformers convert VOLTAGE. To get more CURRENT (AMPS) you need to simply install a beefier circuit and associated plug and socket. As you're doing this in a residential premises, you should use a qualified electrician.

What is the maximum input of the welder?

nope.

if your arc welder needs a big supply then it needs a big supply, there is no wy round it

Sponsored Links
GavFre said:
Damn, ok thanks.

Is it correct that 65amps is the highest i can go on a 13amp socket?
Probably if the instructions say so.

Ah, but if a welsh man is within the Chester walls past 12, it is legal to shoot him with a longbow.

thumbsup.gif

GavFre said:
The max input of the welder is 160 amps i think.

No, the input is at 230volts, and the output is at (lower) volts

But the output is at 160Amps and the inut is at (lower) amps.

Apart from losses in the transformer, the number of watts is the same, but it changes it from high volts and low amps in, to low volts and high amps out.

There should be some actual figures in the instructions or makers rating plate.

As John says, the answer is on the rating plate on the welder. It should say something like "230V ~50Hz ***Amp ***Kw" Where *** is the numbers we need. ;) Its likely to be around 20-30 amps.

Steve said:
As John says, the answer is on the rating plate on the welder. It should say something like "230V ~50Hz ***Amp ***Kw" Where *** is the numbers we need. ;) Its likely to be around 20-30 amps.

yes, but the answer is still no, he cant set it to higher than what it already says

breezer said:
GavFre said:
Is it correct that 65amps is the highest i can go on a 13amp socket?

GavFre said:
the warning on the box stated to only take it to 65 amps on a 13 amp plug.

:rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back