15mm plastic pipe to 15mm copper using compression

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am changing about some pipework and would like to cut a 15mm plastic pipe and reroute it by using a straight 15mm compression fitting onto 15mm copper.

Now, I have seen elsewhere on this installation that the same pipe is fitted into a 15mm compression fitting. If I wish to do this do I need a special insert into the plastic pipe to keep it from getting squashed?

Sponsored Links
Use a speedfit connector (pushfit). And don't forget to maintain your earth bonding.

I know speedfit is probably easier, but I am just wondering how it is done with brass compression fittings. I don't fancy taking apart the one compression to plastic connection in the installation just to take a look!

How is it done?

yes you put an insert in the plastic pipe if you want to use a compression fitting

Sponsored Links
Or any other type of fitting for that matter as well. Otherwise well lets just say you'll be sorry!!!

Alan

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back