16amp microwave oven

I have a (Panasonic) multifunction combi oven here. I might put my power usage meter on it tomorrow (will lose the clock setting when I unplug it) on the various combinations. It's on a 13A fused plug.

Sponsored Links
It would be good to see the rating plate.

There appear to be variations.

upload_2019-12-16_22-25-7.png

They cannot all require a minimum 16A fuse - so has Sparkwright got the largest?

Looking at "Installation" (page 9. ) I don't see a reference to 16A circuit, it just says "only a qualified person must do the electrical installation" and that it is supplied only with a main cable (I suppose they mean there is no plug supplied).

But there is surely an implication that the installing person would look at the rating plate to decide how to connect it. A 13A fuse might be correct in UK.

The info on the sales webpage is probably the work of a translator, not of an electrical engineer familiar with UK domestic circuits.

"phase and neutral cables (blue and brown cables)"
is shoddy work by the technical author. It should of course say "phase and neutral cables (brown and blue cables)"

Sponsored Links
Looking at "Installation" (page 9. ) I don't see a reference to 16A circuit, it just says "only a qualified person must do the electrical installation" and that it is supplied only with a main cable (I suppose they mean there is no plug supplied).
All true, in terms of the User Manual. However, on the Product Description webpage (click here) , it says ...

upload_2019-12-16_22-56-14.png

Kind Regards, John

I have a (Panasonic) multifunction combi oven here. I might put my power usage meter on it tomorrow (will lose the clock setting when I unplug it) on the various combinations. It's on a 13A fused plug.
I have a similar Sharp one, which also came (and is used) with a 13A fused plug, the rating plate which shows ...

upload_2019-12-16_23-10-45.png

I'm really not sure how to interpret all that. It has (conventional) oven and grill elements and a 900W output microwave. That plate offers three input powers for different things (1.5 kW, 1.5 kW and 1.55 kW), any two of which (let alone all three) add up to a bit over the stated "2.95 kW"!

Was it really "Made in UK", I wonder?!

Kind Regards,m John

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back