16mm 2core and earth

Yea, the MK terminals accept 16mm - But you want to try squeezing in back into a backbox. I reckon the OP would get trough a couple trying!

And why is it all DIYers end up with the sheath stripped back above the ceiling? Because they dont form the cables - Just terminate and push home!

Sponsored Links
well after reading this thread, checking some other sites and calculators and sleeping on it....
I have decided to go for creda 10.5 KW shower with crabtree chrome 50a pull switch, about 9 metres of 10mm cable (uninsulated areas) 50a mcb and rcd,, sound ok?

oh and by the way.. consumer unit is fairly old.. its made by wylex and has 4 push button style fuses on it and space for about another 4 (blanked off)
the consumer unit says max load 60a on it..
I guess i`ll need a sparky to fit a new consumer unit to run this new shower?

heres a pic of it i found on the net:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:FuseBoxforWikipedia.jpg

The old Wylexes had a max of 30A per load (despite the many 45A fuses you see in them).

Separate shower consumer unit with RCD, 10mm cable. Isolator switch, Bonding, Job done.

Dont know if the dreaded P thing were mentioned before (cant scroll back from page 2 once there's a reply in progress)..

Sponsored Links
The old Wylexes had a max of 30A per load (despite the many 45A fuses you see in them).

Separate shower consumer unit with RCD, 10mm cable. Isolator switch, Bonding, Job done.

Dont know if the dreaded P thing were mentioned before (cant scroll back from page 2 once there's a reply in progress)..

thaks mate
yeah im just putting the cable down myself..
leaving a part p sparky to do the rest
hes actually turning up in the next half hour to quote me :)

ok he`s just left.
hes going to fit a new 12way consumer box for me, £130 topps he said.

nice one

hang on mate.not being funny but what do you get for your 130 quid ?

new 12way hager consumer unit with built in rcd protection on one side..
all fitting and certificates.
i run the cable for new shower and fit the isolator switch and shower.. then he`ll hook all that up for me ..
guess it pays to live in a small rural community where you kinda know everyone,his wife is great mates with my mother :LOL: ....

edit: he said 130 topps so probably a bit cheaper heh

Does this include a P.I.R. and the remedy of any findings? How can he know the maximum work he has to do when he gave you the maximum charge?

he cant can he i see a nightmare ahead.i may well have my facts wrong though.

not sure what way to take your username :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

EDIT didnt see the op new post.

Is that 'mate's rates' then? I can't see how he can make money at that price :eek:

pretty much mates rates yeah, like i say his wife is best mates with my mother :LOL:

I used 16milli once, but insisted on terminating it in a 2G enclosure outside the room with a 2G switch.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back