1st 17th ed board

Sponsored Links
chri5,
Are the neutrals from the outgoing side of the mainswitch designed to loop in and out of the first RCD, or can they be taken individually from the neutral bar on the MSw side?

milliamp

Board was pre wired wylex unit and the neutrals were as provided.

Main switch out to each RCD in and RCD out to RCD1 and RCD2 neutral rail.

When is someone else going to post some 17th board examples :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links

Sorry :LOL:

I went to do mine, and started with the initial testing, only to find both rings with O/C end to end, and a lighting circuit with an I.R. value of 0.2 ohms, so spent the day putting that right instead of actually swapping the board. :mad:

I will post the pics when I get chance to go back and finish the job. :)

milliamp

Board was pre wired wylex unit and the neutrals were as provided.

Main switch out to each RCD in and RCD out to RCD1 and RCD2 neutral rail.

As promised !

One of the RFC circuits was a bit on the short side so I was bit disappointed on the neutrals, but rather that than crimping and extending.
Isn't quite finished, another circuit to go in on athe lhs RCD. and tidying up, but I knew you wanted to see one Chris ! :D

Well spotted RF, to be honest I don't know. They (CEF) didn't have any M2 RCBO's in stock. Why would the use of a non M2 device be against regulations though ?

Well spotted RF, to be honest I don't know. They (CEF) didn't have any M2 RCBO's in stock. Why would the use of a non M2 device be against regulations though ?

Depends on the manufacturers instructions I suppose (134.1.1)
Do they only specify the use of their own MCB's?

MI didn't say anything about not using oem MCB's. Can't see a problem with it anyway, if they fit OK. A bus bar and din rail are not exactly in the realms of rocket science !

Yep crap board. , only one MEB terminal, MCB's dont sit well on rail, crap neutral terminals, (small screws) numbered wrong because they've adapted the case off a normal split load board so the sequence is alll over the shop , cheap stickers with only with one rcd sticker, all in all poor for the money. Will stick with hager or wylex in future.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back