2 Amp round pin plug wired to trailing socket?

Note that suppliers often use the same image for a whole range of products.

It would not at all surprise me if the picture on the 2A listing was actually a picture of a 5A plug. Indeed it seems more likely to me that such would be the case than that MK would have two different designs of fused 2A plug.

Sponsored Links
Note that suppliers often use the same image for a whole range of products. .... It would not at all surprise me if the picture on the 2A listing was actually a picture of a 5A plug. Indeed it seems more likely to me that such would be the case than that MK would have two different designs of fused 2A plug.
All very possible, even if potentially misleading!

Kind Regards, John

Note that suppliers often use the same image for a whole range of products.

It would not at all surprise me if the picture on the 2A listing was actually a picture of a 5A plug. Indeed it seems more likely to me that such would be the case than that MK would have two different designs of fused 2A plug.
Mk did have two versions of a 2a plug , Fused and unfused.

Sponsored Links
Mk did have two versions of a 2a plug , Fused and unfused.
Indeed, but what is being suggested that there was more than one version of the fused one (and, as has been said, certainly more than one version of the unfused one).

Kind Regards, John

1696520604830.png

I've included the 5A, with the 2 fixing screws, in the yellow box as the 2A were available in that style, our school stage lights had a plethora of them along with the rounded version, 2nd from left.

I've included the 5A, with the 2 fixing screws, in the yellow box as the 2A were available in that style, our school stage lights had a plethora of them along with the rounded version, 2nd from left.
Are they all fused ones? If so, where did the fuses go inside them?

Kind Regards, John

Are they all fused ones? If so, where did the fuses go inside them?

Kind Regards, John
Following on from my #79 and your non-credited reference to it none of those are fused, I've found 2 fused vesions so far.

Following on from my #79 and your non-credited reference to it
:?:

In the subsequent post (#80) I moved the discussion (with 'accreditation') back to the fused ones.
none of those are fused, I've found 2 fused vesions so far.
OK. As for the two fused (2A) one, where are the screws and where do the fuses go?

Kind Regards, John

Masterplug MK
No idea where the fuse is in the Masterplug, MK and it's rebadged verions is seen in post #18
1696533959629.png

No idea where the fuse is in the Masterplug, MK and it's rebadged verions is seen in post #18
Indeed - as per my original commenty, it doesn't look as if there would be space for a fuse 'outboard' of that screw, so I can but guess that it must have been in the middle (between the two screws?

Kind Regards, John

Indeed - as per my original commenty, it doesn't look as if there would be space for a fuse 'outboard' of that screw, so I can but guess that it must have been in the middle (between the two screws?

Kind Regards, John
That makes 3 designs then:
1696537391304.png

I didn't compare Sureitsoff's images and seeing the centre image listed as MK (https://www.rapidonline.com/mk-639whi-round-pin-mains-plug-2a-fused-white-23-0331) took them to be the same.

I assumed the grey spot in centre image is fuse anchor point and it sits outside the screw ie same position as right image.

That makes 3 designs then: ... I didn't compare Sureitsoff's images and seeing the centre image listed as MK (https://www.rapidonline.com/mk-639whi-round-pin-mains-plug-2a-fused-white-23-0331) took them to be the same.
Fair enough.
I assumed the grey spot in centre image is fuse anchor point and it sits outside the screw ie same position as right image.
That assumption seems reasonable enough, but I don't think one can really compare your middle (outside) and right-hand (inside) pics - since it looks as if the screw seen in the former might well go through (or get might close to) the L connector in thee latter.

Kind Regards, John

I obviously didn't make my previous very clear. Initially I assumed the two square plugs images, from an Rapidonline and Sureitsoff?, are the same product and didn't give them enough thought. However upon further inspection they are very obviously different designs, shown here again but with the screw holes arrowed and an estimation on the other where the holes and fuse would be, it becomes much clearer

1696543828269.png

However I have no idea what it looks like internally and the routing of wires.

I obviously didn't make my previous very clear.
I think you were clear - and I was agreeing with you, since ...
Initially I assumed the two square plugs images, from an Rapidonline and Sureitsoff?, are the same product and didn't give them enough thought. However upon further inspection they are very obviously different designs ...
... which is precisely what I meant by 'not comparable'. There was then further agreement between us when you wrote ...
, shown here again but with the screw holes arrowed and an estimation on the other where the holes and fuse would be, it becomes much clearer
... and then went on to illustrate by graphics what I had said in prose, namely that screws in the positions in the middle one would probably go through the L conductor in the one depicted in the RH pic.

... all of which leaves me still fascinated to know what goes on inside that 'middle' one (with screws where they are). I take it that we are certain that it is a fused one?

Kind Regards, John

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back