2" iron pipe under 1930's property??

Sponsored Links
so when you get this plug out and you find its a live gas main, what then?

so as you struggle to get it shut the wife walks in thinking your up to something unsavoury.

and switches on the light for better look at what your up to

Dont worry - power's off :p . It's just an inline service valve, turned off, with a cap screwed onto the unconnected end. The cap comes off easily enough revealing the interior of a service valve. I was considering opening the service valve to investigate and turning it back off if it's live.

I take the sentiment though! And as I've said i dont think i'll bother trying to open the valve much harder as I'll end up splitting it. In fact I can imagine the 'professional' I might have to get round doing just that - but rather him than me.

Liam

P.S. Tonybhoy - hmmm...

regulator - check
anaconda - wossat? no snakes in my house please
low pressure meter - thought i was talking bout free gas here?
stupidity - check
Job's a goodun then!

Nah, just kidding :)

Just to update - national grid came round and investigated. It was dead so they chopped it off. Had it been live they would have decommissioned and removed it as necessary.

All free - basically part of what we pay our bills/taxes for.

Liam

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back