2 permitted developments on 1 LDC??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
We are about to submit our LDC form for 2 X side extensions that fall under PD, 1 at each end of our detached house. Should these be submitted on the same LDC form or 2 separate forms? I can find loads of examples of both ways online and can't decide which to do?? Are there any arguments for which way is better (not including cost) thanks

Sponsored Links
I can't think that there's any merit in two certificates, but it's your dime

If the planning dept were to conclude that only 1 of the 2 extensions submitted on the same LDC application was compliant with PD would they issue a CoL for the side that was compliant? Or refuse the application?

So you can definitely put two pds on one form?

Sponsored Links
You can definitely put them both on one application. As long as its PD it doesn't matter how many you put on

Ok thanks- just weird that I've seen a lot submitted separately, so it made me wonder if there were any merits to that method?!

But if one is determined to be lawful, and the other is not .......?

You can't get half an approval.

I see what you are saying - so is that why people do them separately? I'm positive they are both within rules (it's me with the side extension PD TWICE post) but I'm apprehensive as to how the council will proceed as planning has already been refused due to affecting 'the setting' of a listed building. I've now slightly lowered the roof height to fall within PD - it was 4100mm now 3900mm so very little difference but within PD. However we don't have any article 4 etc etc, so technically they can't say no but like I said, we'll see.

You could put an image of the plans here for a review to see if the diynot mass think they comply...

[I have now seen an example of a "Part Approved, Part Refused" where the rear extension complied but the porch didn't (it was deemed 3.1m high)]

Well watch this space- I can't wait to see what they come up with!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back