2 permitted developments on 1 LDC??

But if one is determined to be lawful, and the other is not .......?

You can't get half an approval.

Actually some councils do issue split decisions on LDC applications. If there are clearly separate elements of the scheme they can approve some parts and refuse others.

Not councils do this- some will refuse everything if one element is not PD.

Sponsored Links
Actually some councils do issue split decisions on LDC applications. If there are clearly separate elements of the scheme they can approve some parts and refuse others.

Not councils do this- some will refuse everything if one element is not PD.

So they issue an approval and a refusal, and do different reports under the same application reference? Or several of each depending on what was applied for?

I'll post my plans later today and see what you think.

Existing floor plan - width @ 13.8 m

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    279.6 KB · Views: 74
Sponsored Links
1 X side extension PD @ 5.31m

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    207.3 KB · Views: 68
Original roof heigh @ ridge (bungalow) 4.8m
Extension roof heights at ridge 3.8m
Eave heights @ 2.7m

If you are so sure that the work is PD, then why are you applying for a certificate in the first place?

Because it's going to cost us obviously a lot of money- we got a refusal for planning on something which was 2cm over the size of a PD extension due to listed building next door so we don't want to have to fight to keep something we've already built- on a technicality. Our local planning is notoriously difficult and have proven to be also less informed than you or I!

So they issue an approval and a refusal, and do different reports under the same application reference? Or several of each depending on what was applied for?

The one I am most familiar with write one report. Its a split decision, they set out in the report which elements are PD and which are not, and set out both on one decision notice. The decision approves some elements and refuses others.

It is an approach also employed in respect of advertisement consents.

Planning Inspectors even do it for planning permission in some cases; i.e. allow parts of an appeal scheme and dismiss others. Where they are clearly separable elements. LPAs can also do this too but rarely do in respect of planning permissions.

FWIW, except that solicitors really seem to like them, and that they bolster the council's dwindling coffers, I'm not convinced that there's any point in an LDC for anything other than change of use.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back