2 year old miele washing machine leaving orange marks

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Please can anyone help?

In the last 2 weeks our white washing has been coming out with brown/ orange marks - a bit like a tea stain. Some areas are 2 inch patches, others are spots. The marks don't come out.

I've tried running the machine on a hot wash but no change.

My only idea was that it could be rust, but it's only 2 years old. I can't hear anything rattling around in the machine - but did wonder if a coin or screw could have got stuck somewhere, but there's no noises (my son does collect things in his pockets).

Please can anyone help? I can't cope with all my clothes being ruined!
Many thanks

Sponsored Links
(super hero type voice over) this is a job for Miele man

seriously it is.

The interesting thing is the 2 inch patches, that is interesting. the "spots" are where the "contaminate" comes through the holes of the inner drum, but the patches................

You could try a wash with nothing in it and 1/2 a box of washing soda first

It may have an enamled outer drum i dont know, but if you can not see anything inside the inner (stainless steel) drum then it is a job for Miele man

I had a problem as well with green spots and sometimes I would get these neon orange spots as well. I was told that it was the seal around the bottom of the machine or around the drum. Also, I was told that it could be the transmission as well. The first solution is more cost effective than the second one.

That's about all I know, but I do know what will remove your stains. You can try a product called "Goo Gone" which is generally found in hardware stores. It looks like a brownish liquid in a small sqeeze bottle. This product is my life saver!!! It takes out all stains from every type of surface you can imagine. Glue, paint, oil, blood, makeup, you name it.

If you can't find that product (costs about $6 CDN), then I've found that "Shout Citrus" will also remove my green stains. Those stains are so embedded and I thought I lost all my clothes to them, but it's working. Good Luck

Sponsored Links
gogogiz said:
Also, I was told that it could be the transmission as well.

sorry to say this gogoziz but here in the UK it is rare to have a m/c with a transmision, because yours is a toploader (with transmission) and we have 95% frontloaders (no transmission)

also the origonal poster is unlikey to say thanks as it is their only post :cry:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back