25mm cable ???

Sponsored Links
Again, I'll find out on monday but if someone could tell me what cable to use for integrated smoke/fire alarms?

3C+E 1mm

The 3rd core is used to link the alarms

They're going to have their own circuit as well.

I'm just going through the sparkys list here and he's got down for a variety of different back boxes, some plastic some metal, and some referred to at pattresses. What's the rule of thumb?

The majority of the double sockets are going in old lath and plaster studwalls, with one or two being chased into solid walls. All the switches, bar one, are going into stud wall.

I was tempted to buy everything listed on here (comes to about £15) and the take back what my sparky friend won't use. Any suggestions ?

That's not a bad idea, except patress are surface mount so you won't want many of them I guess?

As a rule of thumb metal backboxes for external walls or solid walls.

Dry lining boxes for internal dry lined plasterboard modern walls

That's not a bad idea, except patress are surface mount so you won't want many of them I guess?

As a rule of thumb metal backboxes for external walls or solid walls.

Dry lining boxes for internal dry lined plasterboard modern walls

If it's old victorian studwall with lath and plaster does this count as a modern wall ? All of my walls are boarded and plastered, none are drylined

Sponsored Links
If you wanted to come out and be honest in saying all you've wanted to do is obstruct me then that's a start,
But I haven't.

I've wanted to get you to recognise the gap between what you can do and what you need to be able to do, but since you are here under false pretences, since you do not want good advice, only people to go along with the bad decisions you've made, since you have from the start been dishonest with us, and since you are too thick to understand just how ignorant you are, I might as well try and communicate with a newt.

but it's lies from you about your agenda.
I demand that you show where you have evidence that I have deliberately said something which I know to be untrue in order to deceive.

Or is the meaning of the word "lie" something else of which you are ignorant?

All of your contributions here have been obstructive, and what's funny to me is that nothing you've posted here has made a difference,
Because when you came here you had not the slightest intention of listening to anything which did not agree with the decisions you had already made.

whereas I've, for the most part, managed to get the advice I need from helpful people and the jobs near to completion.
Quite honestly the people who have helped you should be ashamed, and should not be here if what they want to do is to support ignorant fools like yourself.

I've saved myself £1600 in labour alone and you've wasted perhaps over an hour here and have nothing to show for it.
In the eyes of anyone who is not as thick and dishonest and irresponsible as you I have shown beyond doubt that you are an ignorant idiot with some appalling attitudes.

From the point of view of my morality, my standards, my honesty, my trustworthiness I have a great deal to show for it. I wouldn't expect you to recognise that because you do not have sufficient morality, honesty, trustworthiness or regard for competence.

You've wasted hours of your life and now your getting it back you're running away tail in legs :LOL:
rofl.gif
rofl.gif
rofl5.gif
rofl.gif
rofl.gif
rofl5.gif
rofl.gif
rofl.gif
rofl5.gif
rofl.gif
rofl.gif
rofl5.gif
rofl.gif
rofl.gif
rofl5.gif
rofl.gif
rofl.gif
rofl5.gif
rofl.gif
rofl.gif
rofl5.gif

rofl.gif
rofl5.gif
rofl.gif
rofl.gif
rofl5.gif
rofl.gif
rofl.gif
rofl5.gif
rofl.gif
rofl.gif
rofl5.gif
rofl.gif
rofl.gif
rofl5.gif
rofl.gif
rofl.gif
rofl5.gif
rofl.gif
rofl.gif
rofl5.gif
rofl.gif

rofl5.gif
rofl.gif
rofl.gif
rofl5.gif
rofl.gif
rofl.gif
rofl5.gif
rofl.gif
rofl.gif
rofl5.gif
rofl.gif
rofl.gif
rofl5.gif
rofl.gif
rofl.gif
rofl5.gif
rofl.gif
rofl.gif
rofl5.gif
rofl.gif
rofl.gif

Tail between my legs?

rofl.gif
rofl.gif
rofl5.gif
rofl.gif
rofl.gif
rofl5.gif
rofl.gif
rofl.gif
rofl5.gif
rofl.gif
rofl.gif
rofl5.gif
rofl.gif
rofl.gif
rofl5.gif
rofl.gif
rofl.gif
rofl5.gif
rofl.gif
rofl.gif
rofl5.gif

rofl.gif
rofl5.gif
rofl.gif
rofl.gif
rofl5.gif
rofl.gif
rofl.gif
rofl5.gif
rofl.gif
rofl.gif
rofl5.gif
rofl.gif
rofl.gif
rofl5.gif
rofl.gif
rofl.gif
rofl5.gif
rofl.gif
rofl.gif
rofl5.gif
rofl.gif

rofl5.gif
rofl.gif
rofl.gif
rofl5.gif
rofl.gif
rofl.gif
rofl5.gif
rofl.gif
rofl.gif
rofl5.gif
rofl.gif
rofl.gif
rofl5.gif
rofl.gif
rofl.gif
rofl5.gif
rofl.gif
rofl.gif
rofl5.gif
rofl.gif
rofl.gif

Dear God - you really are mentally subnormal, aren't you. Who's been typing for you - your carer?

BAS if you can't reply without being abusive then please do not reply at all.

No one wants to hear it, no one's impressed by it and it makes you look worse than the person you think your criticising.

BAS if you can't reply without being abusive then please do not reply at all.
You are failing to grasp the reality that the OP has been abusive to this forum right from the very start.

You are failing to grasp the reality that the OP really is ignorant.

You are failing to grasp the reality that the OP really is an idiot - have you really not read the stupid things he has said?

This is a spade:

non-branded-stainless-steel-digging-spade.jpg

and this is not for beating around:

250px-Cytisus_scoparius2.jpg

Go back and read all the things the OP has said. Go and read where he labelled LABC employees as paedophiles. Go and read where he said that there was no need for design, go and read where he said he wasn't going to abide by the law despite telling us that he holds the regulations in the highest regard and wants to do the job properly, go and read where he says that he's not prepared to learn a single thing which he should know.

Go and note that he has ignored every single post, no matter by whom and no matter how worded, which was not in accord with what he had already decided to do.

Abusive? The guy really is a t**t, and I have no time for mealy-mouthed timid wretches who won't call a spade a spade.

Why?

Because of people like you?

I think not.

Yes that's right, people like me. People who come along to give helpful advice. I suppose that covers quite a number of people in this thread.

So, the people like me will continue to be helpful, and you can continue fighting whatever cause it is you think you are fighting.

Occasionally you make a valid point on here or provide some useful advise, but in most cases you simply pollute a thread with your 'look at me, I'm an asshole' nonsense.

You are slow replying now BAS, must be composing one of your famous multi-quotes, or digging through threads I have previously posted in to find things you can quote.

Or finding stupid images that appeal to your unique sense of humour.....

Yes that's right, people like me. People who come along to give helpful advice. I suppose that covers quite a number of people in this thread.
The people who have helped the OP should be ashamed, and should not be here if what they want to do is to support ignorant fools like him.

So, the people like me will continue to be helpful, and you can continue fighting whatever cause it is you think you are fighting.
The cause of truth, the cause of honesty, the cause of morality, the cause of competence, the cause of decency.

Occasionally you make a valid point on here or provide some useful advise, but in most cases you simply pollute a thread with your 'look at me, I'm an ****' nonsense.
And dismissal of what I stand for by inferior people such as yourself just proves that I am right.

No you're not and you're too pig headed to see it.

This forum was a much more pleasant and friendly place when you were not around.

No you're not and you're too pig headed to see it.

This forum was a much more pleasant and friendly place when you were not around.

I couldn't agree more.

I have no idea why b-a-s took a hiatus from the electrics UK forum, but it was a far more pleasant place while he was away.

b-a-s; you were not put on this earth to educate us, and your self-aggrandising position regarding our intelligence seems to be having little effect. So I would suggest that you are failing in these efforts.
Please.... just go away.

Every one is ignorant until they have taken the trouble to learn about the matter,

Some people are just ignorant about how to convert the ignorant people into informed people.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back