30amp to 45amp

The idea being that a board with a sub-100A main switch is not designed to carry loads above 30/32A.

Sponsored Links
And a board with a 100A main switch can only carry one fuse greater than 30A/32A

Well, certainly the older Standard Wylex range.

That is my rule of thumb, not to put more than one >32A circuit on any one 1P board, but having spoken to manufacturers of modern din-rail-based units, they don't seem to object to more than one large circuit on one board.

Even Hager, whose split-load RCD's are still rated at 63A, didn't bat an eyelid when I asked whether two 40A circuits could be connected through the same RCD.

Imagine 2 x 9+kW showers on one RCD and whatever else was on at the time....

Personally, I think split boards should have an RCD rated the same as the main switch.

Sponsored Links
you will need to seek the services of a professional because the likely work is illegal as a DIY
This is untrue - no DIY domestic electrical work is illegal; it's the failure to notify that's against the law.

jazzy1963 said:
the cable is approx 14mm wide...
As this cable sounds like it is actually 6mm then your 30A fuse blowing is doing exactly as it is supposed to - protecting the supply cable to the shower.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back