3Core & Earth

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an Electrician re-wiring an old house. In the Kitchen there are two sets of 'spot' lights each on their own switch. There is also a pantry light. The two kitchen lights and the pantry light are on a 3 gang switch. The electrician told me he used a 3 core & E to wire up the 2 kitchen lights rather than 2 lots of 1.5mm. I asked him to explain how that works but he lost me half way through. Is there a diagram of how this circuit works somewhere (or can anyone provide me with one) I have looked at the wiki but can't find one. He insists this method is commonly used.

Sponsored Links
live and neutral to the first light.. then neutral and switched live to the rest of the lights..

from the first light take live to the switch, and 2 sets of switched lives back to the light..
one switched live to one set, the other to the other.. neutral common to all lights..

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back