6 gang

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
have the need to put a 6 gang switch in the kitchen to switch numerous things. Kitchen lights, cabinet lights, undercounter lights,outside lights, pantry, kitchen breakfasy bar down lights.

online i can only see 6 gang switches with switches in a line, would like to have two rows of three vertical!, anyone direct me to a product/supplier.

thanks
Russell

Sponsored Links
MK grid plus has a 6 module option with two rows of three modules (which can be switches or otherwise). However the overall width is still the same as a double socket (the switch modules are much more spaced out than on a 3 or 6 gang switch).

If you want two rows of three switches in the width of a single socket then afaict your only option is to use two seperate switch plates (possiblly mounted on a dual backbox)

Whichever is meant, unless there isn't room for six horizontally, anything else will look pants.

Sponsored Links
yes apologies it wasnt clear

3 rows of 2 or put another way 2 columns of 3.

what i really need to know is what size flushbox should i be putting in??
are flushboxes standard sizes, my wholesaler didnt seem to have a clue.

You need to find your switch(es) first. That will dictate what size, type and depth of back box you will need.

If you want two columns with three switches in each column your most likely option is to have three 2 gang switches one on top of the other.

For that you would need three single back boxes but (as I tried to indicate above) you will need to position the back boxes very accurately in the wall to ensure the exact spacing so the switch plates butt up to each other.

If you could live with round push switches (the ones that match dimmer modules) you could install a 6-gang (2 x 3) grid rotated through 90°

044_1008_MK00_K3636_WHI_large.jpg

(although not that make, as the top is slightly chamfered, which would look odd if it were on a side).

But they are basically square, so would need the same wall space whichever way round you have it. Why do you want 2 columns of 3 - is it because of space, or just the logic of where the various lights being switched are?

If you want two columns with three switches in each column your most likely option is to have three 2 gang switches one on top of the other.
Indeed. Although it would b a bit large/bulky, I suppose one could use a 9-way (3x3) grid plate and put blanks (or something - maybe neons?) in one of the 'columns'.

Kind Regards, John

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back