3rd floor shower....what to do?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm after putting a shower above the bath, the bath is cold mains fed and the hot is from a mains fed combi, the problem is it's all on the 3rd floor and the pressure is pants. I've heard you can't pump mains water as it's illegal.....which leaves me a bit confused as to what type of shower I can use, or whether I can even have a shower at all!
Any ideas from anyone would be greatly appreciated! :D

Sponsored Links
If you have a loft then you could install one of these

9723.jpg

and then one of these:

You shouldn’t have any tanks left when you have a combi, convert the lot to mains.
Saves you problems, space, money, and you can drink water from whatever tap you want.

Sponsored Links
It seems we need a bit of clarity here.
The pressure of what is pants?
How much is pants?
And why the tank?

It’s been a long day.

That’s the second time I had to say that, maybe I should get some sleep.

Or maybe I’m just thick.

Don't really have access to the loft, I'd need to master levitation or get a grappling hook or summing.
But, Yes it is the water pressure that's low at the top of the house, at the shower head it's 7 meters up, I don't know what the pressure is up there but through a shower attachment at the moment it's like being dribbled on by an over-friendly dog.
If possible I'd just like to beef up the pressure so's I could use a mixer shower....

...don't buy the cheap pants at Tesco, they chafe.

No pump on mains.
Pressure upstairs is really easy to work out.
Measure on gardentap and deduct 0.1 bar per vertical metre rise

Don't really have access to the loft, I'd need to master levitation or get a grappling hook or summing.
Then you'll have no shower!

Yer basic alternatives:

1. Increase mains flow rate.
2. Store cold water above the shower, and use a Mira Elite.
3. Store both hot and cold water somewhere in the house, and install a twin impeller shower pump and shower mixer valve.

Cheers for the ideas Softus! :D

I'll look into increasing the mains flow rate, failing that a cold tank for the loft could be do-able.......grappling hook on ebay £16 ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back