40mm waste 'Different Fits' ?

sh

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I have recently purchased a Matki illusion corner shower cubicle.It was supplied with a fast flow waste made for the tray that has a 40mm (1.5") spigot for connection.
I want to connect using a solvent weld straight coupler, rather than compression, to try and minimise the chance of it leaking at a later date.
However it seems that the spigot on the waste is on the small 40mm side as the couplers (3 different sources) that I have tried are 'slack' but fit the waste pipe side of the connection ok.
Does anybody know if a particular brand of solvent fittings come up on 'the small side' and will solve (nt) my dilemma.

Many Thanks

Sponsored Links
As far as I know, I think you have to use pushfit coupler as they are a little smaller than solvent weld fitting. As also the waste outlet may be a different type of plastic that is not suitable for solvent weld.

I think it would be better to use compression coupler.

Dan.

Solvent pipe/fittings are a standard size across all manufacturers, whereas pushfit can vary. Solvent fittings wont fit push fit pipe and vice versa.

Use a compression joint on the waste, then carry on in whichever material you choose, although properly jointed solvent weld will never leak!

Sponsored Links
Solvent pipe/fittings are a standard size across all manufacturers, whereas pushfit can vary. Solvent fittings wont fit push fit pipe and vice versa.

Use a compression joint on the waste, then carry on in whichever material you choose, although properly jointed solvent weld will never leak!

Couldn't they have just one size. Push fit, solvent fits all.
Is it me????

Push fit and solvent weld pipes are made of different materials. Being a different size prevents you from using solvent cement on push fit pipe!!

It seems then, that it will have to be a compression fitting which should 'take up the slack' on the fast flow waste end of the connection.

Just had a thought.
What about, If I were to run a bead of dow 785 on the outside of the spigot (inside of the compression fitting), keeping well clear of the rubber seal, as a bit & brace option ?

if you put a compression waste together correctly and tighten, it not gonna leak on a waste pipe, trust me

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back