55mm-40 mm waste pipe reducer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi, im in the process of fitting a new bathroom. im having trouble connecting my new 40mm waste pipe for the sink and shower up to the existing waste pipe that runs through the wall and connects to main soil stack outside. the existing waste pipe seems to be 55mm (external) . i cant seem to find a reducing piece to bring it down to 40mm. the old pipe had one on so i know they exist , but it was cemented in so i cant recycle it.

no where seems to sell 55mm pipe fittings for some reason, does anyone know where i can get one? or suggest an alternative method of fixing 55mm pipe to 40mm? its all going to be boxed in and tiled over so it needs to be a permanent solution.

thanks for any advice

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Careful not to mix up internal and external diameters. The pipes are 40 and 50 internal, but 43 and 55 external( so the fittings are 43 internal)
You just want a "50 to 40 reducer" which is actual 43x55 on the caliper alipe is available from Screwfix Toolstation etc. for a small cost.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back