55mm-> 41mm pipe reducer??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I've just plumbed in a new sink as part of a new kitchen but have a problem connecting the waste pipe.

The waste pipe from the sink is approx 41mm in diameter (standard kitchen waste pipe from wickes) but the drain pipe coming up from under the floor is approx 55mm in diameter.

Do reducers exist for such sizes as I've struggled to find one. It'd also need to be a 90 degree one too.

Cheers!

Sponsored Links
Yes they do, you'll need a 55mm elbow with a 55×40mm reducer in one end of it. Sold at all good plumbers merchants

Why not use a 2 inch elbow with a 1.5 inch reducer glued in other end.

Al

That's basically what I was getting at, just trying to stick with the OP's foreign measurements for clarity's sake.

Bashdem...is this glued or push fit waste pipe?

Sponsored Links
Why not use a 2 inch elbow with a 1.5 inch reducer glued in other end.

Al

That's basically what I was getting at, just trying to stick with the OP's foreign measurements for clarity's sake.

Bashdem...is this glued or push fit waste pipe?

Nothing's connected at the moment so I guess it can all be push fit?? Both ends are just sawn pipes.

Cheers

No, it depends on what you have at the moment as push fit is a slightly different size. You can, however, use multifit compression fittings on both. I'd recommend using glued waste and fittings if you can, they don't pull apart...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back