6 gears?

It helps the fuel economy - the manufacturers tell you it has six gears, but you are actually rowing the thing along with the gear lever, and pedalling at the same time with what you thought was a clutch pedal. :)

Sponsored Links
My Focus 2.0 TDCi has six, and it's great. Took some getting used to, but comes natural now, hit 50-55 and up to sixth it goes. Problem is when I get into my wifes car, I try to put it into sixth, it's a five speed. Can't see what difference it makes if it's a car or a van. Knocking round the doors you wouldn't use it, long A roads etc, put it in sixth. Not keen on reverse being up there, but you can't have it both ways.

It helps the fuel economy - the manufacturers tell you it has six gears, but you are actually rowing the thing along with the gear lever, and pedalling at the same time with what you thought was a clutch pedal. :)

Laught to death then, nearly,sorry norcon,
coughing like hell, evrytime i read it, thanks, that's really cheered me up

a joint in time saves crime. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Wow, you guys would love the new BMW 7-series, with its 8-speed box!!! :LOL:

I have 5 in mine, but my OH's MX-5 has a 6-speed. There is no lift-up/push-down gaiter to select reverse, it is just to the right of 6th. In the owner's manual it tells you that "when selecting reverse gear, move the gear selector with greater-than-usual pressure" :confused: :eek: :LOL:

Mrs S's new FR-V has a 6 speed box as did an Octavia courtesy car I drove a while back. Second nature after a few drives.

So does the octavia and the FR-V. Is it useful on a two-wheeled machine?

Mine's got heated mirrors... although no heated windscreen or washer jets, which must be one of British Leyland's weirder decisions. :confused:

(let's not forget the square steering wheel of the early Allegros, after all :p )

Mine's got heated mirrors... although no heated windscreen or washer jets, which must be one of British Leyland's weirder decisions. :confused:

(let's not forget the square steering wheel of the early Allegros, after all :p )
Quadric :idea:

Sponsored Links
Back