70 million

to answer your question joe i understand excatly what you are saying, i just dont entirely agree with it, and nor do i agree that all the ills of this country are down to immigration, which you seem to do.

Billy i never said wages had gone up in line with house prices, i wish they had. Regardless we would still need more since the demand far outstrips the supply, hence the price rises.

Sponsored Links
Joe: Why do you insist on posting so aggressively ...

Things like
Which part of that don't you understand?
It's not that people don't understand what you are saying its that they don't agree with you.

There is a difference and there's no need to get ar*ey over it, just accept it and move on.

Everybody has their own view (strongly held in most cases) on immigration and none of us are going to change them as a result of anything posted here so in cases where you are obviously diametrically opposed ... C'est la vie ;)

MW

to answer your question joe i understand excatly what you are saying, i just dont entirely agree with it, and nor do i agree that all the ills of this country are down to immigration, which you seem to do.

I have no problem at all with an Australian type points system. What I do have a problem with is filling the country with people that don't contribute in real terms. It won't put money in your pocket, it won't help the environment,
it will cause lots of social problems in a recession when jobs are scarce and Brits with families are forced out of their homes because the jobs have gone to immigrants that can club together in one house and live on the minimum wage. It will is clearly forcing more children to grow up in poverty as their parents must pay for larger mortgages with jobs that are earning less year on year. It simply cannot go on without there one day being riots in the streets.

It simply cannot go on without there one day being riots in the streets.
People have been saying the same for decades.

We'll adapt and move forward like we always do.

Sponsored Links
Joe: Why do you insist on posting so aggressively ...

Things like
Which part of that don't you understand?
It's not that people don't understand what you are saying its that they don't agree with you.

There is a difference and there's no need to get ar*ey over it, just accept it and move on.

Everybody has their own view (strongly held in most cases) on immigration and none of us are going to change them as a result of anything posted here so in cases where you are obviously diametrically opposed ... C'est la vie ;)

MW

Well why don't you agree? Is it that where you live isn't affected by immigration?

Oh and what is aggressive in asking you a question? You could consider answering it instead of making a song and dance about it.

So let me try again:

The point that I've always made is that allowing wholesale immigration does nothing but fill the country with people that we don't need. It pushes house prices up - and forces wages down (in relative terms). Towns get busier, roads get busier, schools are filled with non english speaking children, we simply don't need that sort of chaos when the benefits are zero.

So which part don't you agree with - and why?

What do you see as the great attraction in this open door policy re immigration, I genuinely cannot see what that attraction is.

Please enlighten me by telling me why Meggawatt thinks wholesale immigration is such a jolly good idea.

It simply cannot go on without there one day being riots in the streets.
People have been saying the same for decades.

Why should we have to adapt? Why can't we go to a system whereby immigrants that benefit the UK are allowed in and those that don't aren't?

joe-90 said:
Why should we have to adapt? Why can't we go to a system whereby immigrants that benefit the UK are allowed in and those that don't aren't?
Isn't that just a different way of adapting?

I have repeatedly said in my posts that I don't believe in wholesale immigration but you've obviously been too busy ranting to read any of them.

Like Thermo and others, however, I don't subscribe to your view that immigration alone is the cause of society's problems and believe that we have a humanitarian obligation to support controlled immigration.

If you want controlled immigration, though, vote for someone else because that's the only way you'll get it.

We are able to freely go and live in many other countries and, therefore, why should their nationals not be able to come and live here?

MW

Should we equally, then, evict UK Citizens who don't benefit the UK?

What's the difference.

We are only free to live in the EU. Try emigrating to the USA as an unskilled person with no money or education. or Australia or New Zealand or just about anywhere else.

And please explain what you mean by 'humanitarian'? The people coming here claiming asylum aren't allowed to work so you can't be referring to them. So who are you referring to? No-one in Europe is starving or homeless so it can't be them. So who are the people that need humanitarian help? How about the Africans in Darfour? They are starving by the day in their thousands yet you'll never meet one in the UK as they can't even walk due to hunger and civil war - so isn't that where you should be sending your humanitarian pound? Shouldn't we be helping them in their own homeland to work their way out of poverty?

I really don't understand what you are saying, please explain.

Should we equally, then, evict UK Citizens who don't benefit the UK?

What's the difference.

One has a legal right to be here as they were born here. Are you advocating that the sheltered workshops should suffer the same fate as Hitler implemented? What's the difference?

I don't believe that American's, Australians or New Zealander's form the biggest % of our immigration problem :LOL:

One has a legal right to be here as they were born here
Maybe, but the problems they cause in society have an equal if not more damaging effect than immigrants.

Immigration is not the sole issue.

One has a legal right to be here as they were born here
Maybe, but the problems they cause in society have an equal if not more damaging effect than immigrants.

Immigration is not the sole issue.

OK well I suggest to you that instead of importing migrants, we train our current workforce who are unemployed to do other work.

No one is suggesting that a point based system that benefits the UK is a problem - so why are you so insistent that an open door policy is such a sound idea?

Sponsored Links
Back