who does not speed

The answer is simply 5 mph, which seems insignificant because a car can stop from 5mph in the blink of an eye., i.e. 0.25 seconds at 0.9G deceleration.

But although the faster car only takes an extra quarter of a second extra to stop, it has already travelled further than the slower car during braking.

Under the same scenario as previous question, what speed will the faster car be doing at the point where it has covered the braking distance of the slower car?

Sponsored Links
What is this ... Some private joke forum or are you expecting us all to be clairvoyent :LOL:

Sponsored Links
thrush is an irritating fungal infection as well as a bird.

for a female, this would be referred to an irritating c**t. :eek:

edited.

Oh ... I see, thanks for the enlightenment ... Yup, that'll be me then :LOL:

Take your little feet Aspley and shuffle them up REALLY close to the sink ... Less chance of getting lather down your pinny that way.

MW

blondini said:
Under the same scenario as previous question, what speed will the faster car be doing at the point where it has covered the braking distance of the slower car?
Assuming, again, linear and identical deceleration, it would be doing 18mph.

I presume that your implication is the observation that, if traveling at 35mph instead of 30mph, a car that would been have capable of stopping just before hitting a child on a pedestrian crossing would instead cream into the child at a potentially lethal speed.

A good illustration of why speeding in a built-up area can be very bad.

blondini said:
Assuming, again, linear and identical deceleration, it would be doing 18mph.

I presume that your implication is the observation that, if traveling at 35mph instead of 30mph, a car that would been have capable of stopping just before hitting a child on a pedestrian crossing would instead cream into the child at a potentially lethal speed.

A good illustration of why speeding in a built-up area can be very bad.

Thanks for working that out Softus.

18mph is just over half of 35mph and I think it is quite striking that a car doing 35 will only have lost half its speed over the same distance in which a car doing 30mp will stop.

supposing the other car had ABS and was on a conveyor running in the opposite direction? :?:

Sponsored Links
Back