A brief summation of No 10's attempts to stay in the EU

I seem to remember that it was initially put forward as a trading union that would rival America, which was an admirable idea; except Heath secretly knew that it was going to become a federal state. I wonder if he knew it was designed to give control to France and Germany. But it was never designed to stop wars, as that's always been Natos job, and that notion was only put forward during the referendum.

By virtue that the EU wants to harmonise taxes, create it's own army, and enforce all it's rules to the hilt, it shows it's only interested in becoming a superstate, and superstates are only interested in dominating their subjects. Call me paranoid, but how long would it have been before they then sent the EU army to supress any dissident states - lets see, isn't that what Germany and Russia do.

It was mentioned many times as a side benefit, that harmonisation would stabilise Europe.

Unfortunately, grand idea that it is, Multiculturalism doesn't work, and slowly more strife ensues.
The right wing in many countries is gaining in strength, and worse troubles are sure to follow.

Sponsored Links
I thought it was self evident, big businesses want immigration to continue unabated.

It will keep average wages down, the rich will get richer the average worker will get poorer.

The EU was supposed to bring all Countries together under one Super state, thus no more wars within Europe.
An admiral idea in many ways, unfortunately it's causing more civil strife, as different cultures don't integrate.
Wot a load of rehearsed right wing myopic bolax. This country could not function without immigrants.

Wot a load of rehearsed right wing myopic bolax. This country could not function without immigrants.

Yes, controlled immigration is fine, unfortunately excessive immigration will hurt this country quite badly.
Our infrastructure and services are already creaking.

The UK's population is 3 times that of France per square mile, and twice that of Germany.

I'm not right wing by the way, or left wing,
I will happily debate any topic, provided you keep the insults out of it.

The amount of ridiculous Racist/ Anti racist posts in GD is getting out of control, a few years ago this place had many threads
which were very entertaining, now it seems abuse is the norm.

That's nothing. In a minute he'll start calling you boyo!

Sponsored Links
it shows it's only interested in becoming a superstate, and superstates are only interested in dominating their subjects.
Britain was never like that, was it?
Most of Europe don't have subjects.

Call me paranoid,
Hello Paranoid.

but how long would it have been before they then sent the EU army to supress any dissident states
Remember the miners' strike and poll tax demonstrations?

lets see, isn't that what Germany and Russia do.
I think all countries do.

Yes, controlled immigration is fine, unfortunately excessive immigration will hurt this country quite badly.
Our infrastructure and services are already creaking.

The UK's population is 3 times that of France per square mile, and twice that of Germany.

I'm not right wing by the way, or left wing,
I will happily debate any topic, provided you keep the insults out of it.

The amount of ridiculous Racist/ Anti racist posts in GD is getting out of control, a few years ago this place had many threads
which were very entertaining, now it seems abuse is the norm.

Yes. France has only 300 people per sq/m compared to England which I think is about 1300 per/sq mile now.
Ask a pro immigration person how many is enough or when the drawbridge needs pulling up and they go quiet. Afraid to answer because they deem anyone who gives an honest answer as a "racist".

Yes. France has only 300 people per sq/m compared to England which I think is about 1300 per/sq mile now.
Ask a pro immigration person how many is enough or when the drawbridge needs pulling up and they go quiet. Afraid to answer because they deem anyone who gives an honest answer as a "racist".

Yes, the remain camp arrogantly imply that Brexit is about racism, when in fact it's about numbers.

Interesting to see that Jeremy Corbyn would throw the doors wide open, did he not listen to his core voters via the referendum?

Corbyn is on a different planet altogether.

The one where he becomes prime minister. Its a bit of a dream world really. LoL.

I've yet to hear of a pro immigration person going quiet when asked a "difficult" question, they just start sprouting more nonsense, and then tell you're a racist.

England has the third highest population density in the world - of counties with ~50 million population or over - behind only South Korea and Bangladesh. England is higher than India.

It is masked because most lists have the UK figure. The other three countries are way behind.

From the figures on Wikipedia per square mile:
England 1053
Wales 381
N.i. 340
Scotland 174

Seems like England is full. Fuller than nearly everywhere else anyway.

Of course, there are some small places which are much more tightly packed but that's like comparing with London.

only 6.8% of the UK is urbanised, leaving over 93% of land still available Not quite full up yet !!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-18623096

I don't follow the reason for posting that statistic, apart from South Korea and Bangladesh,
we are still third in the world for population density.

One could presume that when we are standing shoulder to shoulder, we will be full then?

I did read somewhere that every person in the world could stand on the Isle of Wight.
The British already have the smallest homes in Europe - let alone compared with the US or Australia.
There is a lot of Britain still privately "owned" (although they didn't buy it). Should we urbanise every country estate?

So, what, then, is the deciding factor?

No farmland? More (a lot more) roads and railways? Not be allowed to commute or go anywhere? Instead of lorries, just conveyor belts?

We can only assume that such a small country (England) with such a large population is the result of previous immigration and/or invasion or are we just at the end of the line for natural migration - I don't suppose the original inhabitants bred more than the French or Germans - so perhaps we have done our share already.

Would it be desirable for England to be one big London?

japan must rank some where pretty high up in population density ?

A lot of Bangladesh is under water/flooded for many months of the year

Does this picture from the article not show a more realistic view rather than a percentage?

_61217844_61217843.jpg

Sponsored Links
Back