A fixed price repair which isn't !

Ever changed a hydroblock on the Buderus Paul? :( :( :(

I grilled a 7 year Worcs man over the cdi DV recently, (while watching him take 9 hours replacing 3 x fans on 3 x 24Ri's which had all failed for no particular reason, at 2 1/2 years old. :rolleyes:) He told me they routinely botch the DV repair to make it seal, in the same way most of us might.

You CAN change the exp vessel without taking the main HE out. I've done two, and don't remember any issues. Clip on the left?

I don't mind mending wb's but agree they're nothing special. Boards fail too often though, and fans, it seems! Can't complain about the tech backup though - til my next call I suppose.

Sponsored Links
I think that worcester have relied for far too long on the reputation of the second part of their name, Bosch.

Always makes me wonder why such a supposedly succesful boiler manufacturer has to offer so many freebies/incentives to get installers to use/fit them.

I think that worcester have relied for far too long on the reputation of the second part of their name, Bosch.

Always makes me wonder why such a supposedly succesful boiler manufacturer has to offer so many freebies/incentives to get installers to use/fit them.

very true, they spend an absolute fortune on advertising too.

Hmmmm, more like the isolators were passing after completing a damn fine painful job. NEVER touch them. Why didn't you help your friend? If you have any. :eek:

Was told by a mate at Worcester that if you release the pressure before you touch them they won't leak...never had the bottle to try it though.

Sponsored Links
With dave on this worcester god knows why worcester are held in such esteem , nuisance to work on nuisance to fit and set up. Fault finding not the most straight forward and parts tend to be stupidly expensive.

The Greenstar range is a dwaddle to fit and set up,you only need to check the WP at the gas valve and that is basically it.

I never fit the WB filling loop kit,now that is a pile of sh~te :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back