A woman arrested and jailed for a year in Iran.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
For watching a men's volleyball game!! What century do these people live in?

Sponsored Links
6th or 7th or there abouts.

And on the other end off the spectrum they have legalised paedophilia and child rape.

the high pitched cheers gave it away .....

in best john Cleese voice .... "are there any women here today?"

"her, her, her....erm, him, him, he is"

"alright, go to the back, go on, then when the games done it's a year in prison"

BBC News:

A British-Iranian woman detained in Iran after trying to watch a men's volleyball match has been sentenced to a year in prison, her lawyer says.

Iran banned women from volleyball games in 2012, extending a long-standing ban on football matches.
The Iranian authorities have argued that women need protection from the lewd behaviour of male fans.

The women were arrested and allegedly beaten before being freed.
Ms Ghavami was rearrested later and subsequently put on trial.

Can someone more informed than I am in my sheltered cocoon tell me if this story is -

a) True

or

b) A Zionist plot and the women do not exist and the Iranian government is not mad.

Sponsored Links
BBC News:

A British-Iranian woman detained in Iran after trying to watch a men's volleyball match has been sentenced to a year in prison, her lawyer says.

Iran banned women from volleyball games in 2012, extending a long-standing ban on football matches.
The Iranian authorities have argued that women need protection from the lewd behaviour of male fans.

The women were arrested and allegedly beaten before being freed.
Ms Ghavami was rearrested later and subsequently put on trial.

Can someone more informed than I am in my sheltered cocoon tell me if this story is -

a) True

or

b) A Zionist plot and the women do not exist and the Iranian government is not mad.

May I suggest we send a few of our highly respected human rights protagonists to Iran to validate the story. That's assuming they are not to busy protecting some low life good for nothing lay about here in the UK.

• Thanks
Reactions: JBR
An ideal position for Mrs.Blair while her husband is envoying peace in the area.

Ahh is Blair still the Middle East peace envoy? Thought he'd been sacked as he was deafeningly silent on the Gaza/Israel thing a few months ago. (perhaps he was on holiday though, and didn't want to be disturbed) ;) ;)

For watching a men's volleyball game!! What century do these people live in?

This sort of thing makes me wonder why some of our (white) young ladies freely choose to 'embrace islam'. Yes, I realise they are childishly naive, but surely they can't really desire a world where they themselves would be treated in this way.

This is a Country that publicly flogs women and then jails them for being raped. So, for watching a mens volleyball match, she probably got off lightly.

I wonder if it was worth watching!! Can't be as riveting as beach volleyball!!

Sponsored Links
Back