living with a woman..

My sprogs have control of the tele up to about 8pm then i get to watch the news or sport. The wife doesn't mind a bit of Rugby Union and enjoyed a trip to Twickers earlier on this year.

I absolutely refuse to have a soap or reality tv on my tele whilst i am in the house. Makes me either depressed or wanna puke.

I have just returned from my jollies where i read 3 books and did not miss the tele one bit. Have to say though Sky+ is good for catching up on the latest sports or world news.

Sponsored Links
It works pretty well for me. It's a given that whenever football's on, we watch that. Countdown (if I'm in) & Top Gear are also must-watches. Other than that I don't care what's on, and just open the laptop up and browse the interweb.

We both have a mutual interest in shows like Dragons' Den, Eggheads, etc. Her stuff is Hollyoaks, The Kardashians, Big Brother etc. Absolute drivel.

......er....i also like to watch unerversity challenge and see how many answers i can get right.

I manage to pyss her off, she goes on a sulk to the bedroom. I'm free to do as I wish. End of story! Until bedtime that is/the next morning, then things get nasty and my clothes don't get washed, nor does my dinner get made.

Sponsored Links
Am I missing something here? Since when did the business of 'living with a woman' revolve around what's on TV? :?: :?: :?:

What did we do during the fifty thousand years (at least) that we humans have lived in pairs when we didn't have television? Even the creationists will concede that there was no TV in the Garden of Eden. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

......er....i also like to watch unerversity challenge and see how many answers i can get right.
The difference between you and me is that I like to watch it twice - the second time I try to see if I can remember any of the answers from the first time I watched it :LOL: :LOL:

Am I missing something here? Since when did the business of 'living with a woman' revolve around what's on TV? :?: :?: :?:

What did we do during the fifty thousand years (at least) that we humans have lived in pairs when we didn't have television? Even the creationists will concede that there was no TV in the Garden of Eden. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
I think that you'll actually discover that there was no life on earth prior to corrie :LOL: :LOL:

Quite
but then i'm probably no expert on the art of living with a women as I've lived with a good few (think about it )
but saying that I still get on well with all of them so I can't be that bad

What did we do during the fifty thousand years (at least) that we humans have lived in pairs when we didn't have television?
We beat them up with big lumps of wood, slung them over ours shoulder and did the deed, then threw them back again
At bit like what they still do in Hull!

cantaloup63 said:
I think that you'll actually discover that there was no life on earth prior to corrie

You're right. Life on Earth didn't appear on our screens until January 1979, by which time that abominable 'Street' was over 18 years old.

sooey said:
That sounds like quite a novel position....never saw that one in the kama sutra.

The position is difficult but not impossible. The secret - one leg over each shoulder. ;) ;) ;)

ihatemyjob said:
Turn the telly off & go to bed.

Good advice that, except that we have a TV in the bedroom. :confused: :confused: :confused: There is however an unwritten rule that, when we're both in there, we only watch what we both like - which is mostly quiz shows, detective dramas and sitcoms. She doesn't subject me to hours of The Big Bore and I don't keep her awake with Star Trek. :) :) :)

PS: I have fond memories of an episode of Columbo and another of The Golden Girls. Columbo lasted longer but Golden Girls left a bigger hole in the ceiling. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Back