A world where medicine fails?

Sponsored Links
Post antibiotic - post oil . They`re all doomed , my grandchildren`s grandchildren that is :cry: . I`ll bet most of the antibiotics are coming through the food chain . fish are becoming sterile and otter`s penis bones are shrinking

Sponsored Links
As the world's population grows inexorably, something will come along to control man's folly. Maybe antibiotic resistance, super - SARS, another Spanish flu epidemic. Nature correcting imbalances. Maybe science will come to the rescue again.

I've got a feeling the drug companies mafia already have a new bunch of 'wonder drugs' up their collective sleeves...

And it'll save another couple of generations...

At a price of course... ;)

I can promise you that isn't the case. Quite the opposite in fact.

The tropical rainforests are full of thousands of different variety of plants which all have medicinal properties.
Only a tiny percentage have been discovered or understood.

At the current rate of logging it will be all be chopped down, gone and extinct in a hundred years or so.

The tropical rainforests are full of thousands of different variety of plants which all have medicinal properties.

At the current rate of logging it will be all be chopped down, gone and extinct in a hundred years or so.

Will humans last that long?? The earth WILL survive without us at the helm, it would probably be a better place....

That's not a realistic way of finding new drugs any more. It's too expensive and the success rate is incredibly low.

All the 'easy' drugs have been found. All the easy 'blockbusters' which have a massive impact on a lot of people have been found.

Current phama company strategy is to try and use existing drugs in their database in new disease areas. Or find a small company that has a promising drug and partner with them. Partner with universities to try and find new treatments. But any successes will have minimal impact on most of us.

A huge amount of money has been spent on new fangled biological medicines and pretty much all if it has been poured down the drain up to now. And 'personalised medicine' is the new big thing, it will be expensive though, not sure western countries can afford it.

Antibiotic use in farming is a big cause of this resistance, but it's inevitable it will happen, bugs will always adapt and evolve faster than we can deliver drugs to kill them.

The natives of the forest don't need any man made drugs. But look at their food. Its all natural.

Whilst ours is pumped full dangerous additives. And then we wonder why we need so many drugs.

Sponsored Links
Back