Accenta 8 keypad inop

Sponsored Links
Right, I'll take it we've got a yes and we are all going to chip in to sort the problem, Yes ?

First things first then Rick, you need a new battery before we start.

Can someone suggest a suitable source and a suitable battery for Rick ?
You, T.P.C., tell him where, you know as well as the rest of us, stop being a

Sponsored Links
Oh for heavens sake.

rickj63, turn off the mains supply to your control panel, the house if it is easier.

Open the panel, it will sound, so don't jump. Enter your code, that will stop it.

Write down the details of your battery, close up the panel, enter your code, turn the mains back on.

Go get your new battery, Maplin / Screwfix.

Go back home, follow the steps above, this time replace the battery.

"
Rick, DO NOT OPEN THE PANEL until you have a brand new battery in your hand.
Care to explain why?

Oh, and why the capital letters?

If he has a look first he can get the same size as a replacement,

For heavens sake Bernard, I/we know panels can have different size batts. I'm just trying to get the same size fitted !

"..... Care to explain why?.... "

No ! you had your chance, tough.

".... Battery capacity of up to : 2.1Ah in Accenta/Optima mini enclosure,
7Ah in Accenta/Optima metal enclosure.... "

yeah we know, now go away.

Rick, I am going to sort this via email, you still remain a member of this forum, however we just need some peace and quiet to sort the problem.

CD
What problem? It's you who can't answer simple questions when you know you're wrong T.P.C.

For heavens sake Bernard, I/we know panels can have different size batts. I'm just trying to get the same size fitted !
I posted it so the OP could make his own decision about the ability of unchained dazy to provide useful help for a speedy resolution.

Oh for heavens sake.

rickj63, turn off the mains supply to your control panel, the house if it is easier.

Open the panel, it will sound, so don't jump. Enter your code, that will stop it.

Write down the details of your battery, close up the panel, enter your code, turn the mains back on.

How do I enter the code ? it's not bloody working ! I have no idea how long a battery lasts in these things , please if you can't help fair enough but don't tell me to turn alarm off via code when if you read my post I clearly state it ain't working ,
Daisy chain thanks for continued help , I can order battery via sites on eBay once I know which it is but that means opening cover and setting off the alarm for which the code pad does not work !!!

Oh for heavens sake.

How do I enter the code ? it's not bloody working ! I have no idea how long a battery lasts in these things , please if you can't help fair enough but don't tell me to turn alarm off via code when if you read my post I clearly state it ain't working ,
Daisy chain thanks for continued help , I can order battery via sites on eBay once I know which it is but that means opening cover and setting off the alarm for which the code pad does not work !!!

The keypad has crashed.

Switch off the mains. Open the panel. Remove the battery. Re-apply the mains. The thing will come back to life. Enter your code. Put the lid back on and go to Maplins for a battery.

If you aren't capable of doing that - then get someone in. Simples.

Don't be silly Daisy. Sooner or later he has to do what we've told him. He can't fix it otherwise.

Don't be silly Daisy. Sooner or later he has to do what we've told him. He can't fix it otherwise.

I've been told to open panel and shut the alarm up using the code , , if you guys other than daisy chain can advise how to use a dead keypad to shut alarm up then iam all ears ,
For last time , iam aware the battery needs changing , no I've no idea they don't last past 5 years , this had worked for 12 years up till now , if the only way to shut the alarm up once it's activated due to opening the box is via opening bell box to stop battery back up working then fine that's all I needed to know ,iam aware shutting power off won't stop alarm as the back up battery takes over , iam also aware the code pad does not work , I posted that info In original post , so with the greatest respect please don't say turn the alarm off via code pad , if I could do that battery would ofGbeen replaced , iam capable of replacing a battery and inputting my alarm code !

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back