Veritas keypad dead? No power?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, Just wondering if anyone can help please. I've just been wallpapering the hallway where the keypad for the Veritas 8 security Alarms system is. I turned of the mains power and removed the Keypad box from the wall. Papered and replaced the unit. I've come back to rewire and there's no power on the pad. (No green lights). I'm guessing I've blown the fuse??.... there appears to be no power/voltage across to the Red and black cables? Would I need to open the main Alarm box and check / Swap out the Keypad fuse?... IR sensors are working and green light on the Main Alarm box. My concern is if I turn off the mains and open the Alarm box cover would it still set the Alarm off because of the back up battery and tamper switch trigger? With the keypad not working I wouldn't be able to stop it so unsure best steps. If it's a swap over of the 500mA fuse then hopefully it would bring the keypad back to life but if it isn't wouldn't the Alarm just keep going off without a way to stop it?

Sponsored Links
Yes,you could have blown the bus data fuse.
It's a 500ma 20mm clear quick blow fuse (F4). The internal speaker will sound when you open the control panel,best to get replacement first,would also recommend you get 1amp 20mm as spares incase other fuses have blown.

Thanks off to get one now (or a few as you me recommend). See how it goes, so hopefully opening the case won't require an entry into the keypad if I find out that that's not the problem? Would the internal speaker stop as soon as the case goes back on? Also maybe a daft question but when swapping out the fuse would I need to power off the mains or battery at all?

Sponsored Links
If your on glass fuses it be best to get a full set of spares and multiples thereof.

A fuse may blow again if the circuit is shorted so the first fuse swapped may blow straight away.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back