honeywell keypad

Something doesnt look right there. I think you have your black and white crossed over, but the labels aren't very clear tbh, bit too ambiguous.
Dont recognise the labels but if I had to plump for an educated guess I would go as follows.

ST-, yellow goes to STROBE-
R-, white goes to B-
SW, black goes to SCB T
V+, red goes to B+
V-, green goes to SCB A

Stop guessing your incorrect.

Just making matters worse.

The sounder wiring is correct.

Sponsored Links
You need to ensure all the tampers are closed.

Until then all other advise is pointless.

You need to ensure all the tampers are closed.

Until then all other advise is pointless.

hi there alarm you say the wireing is ok with the picture for the box outside from the picture i uploaded, i tried what bruclee said by trying to tape the tamp on the keypad and i have check all tamp connection

I have had this before, where someone like yourself used two different forums to try and get an answer and then you conflict with each piece of advise given. I was actualy a memeberon the other forum in question last time.

Either stick here or there. It is pointless otherwise.

Your last statement is also pointless, what was the result? How did you test?

Sponsored Links
I have had this before, where someone like yourself used two different forums to try and get an answer and then you conflict with each piece of advise given. I was actualy a memeberon the other forum in question last time.

Either stick here or there. It is pointless otherwise.

Your last statement is also pointless, what was the result? How did you test?

first where you said The sounder wiring is correct that what i didnt get , the other while i was out at work i elec to test while i was out he told my wife that all was ok how he tested i dont no as i was not there

So is it working or not, again your not making any sence.

sorry am getting myself messed up here it was tested i was told they where all ok

i tried it again since i got home and it still doing the same as before

Right, another way.

Link out T and A'
Link out the Global tamper. Thats next to the PA terminals.
Link out the keypaqd tamper.
Close the panel lid tamper.

Now put in your code and reset the system. All should be clear. No spanner symbol showing.

If this is ther case put each tamper back ONE BY ONE, checking as you go along.
If not the keypad is the wrong one as I suspected.

There is no other way of doing this. And should onl;y take a few minutes to get to the all clear stage.

Right, another way.

Link out T and A'
Link out the Global tamper. Thats next to the PA terminals.
Link out the keypaqd tamper.
Close the panel lid tamper.

Now put in your code and reset the system. All should be clear. No spanner symbol showing.

If this is ther case put each tamper back ONE BY ONE, checking as you go along.
If not the keypad is the wrong one as I suspected.

There is no other way of doing this. And should onl;y take a few minutes to get to the all clear stage.

hi alarm,
going to try going through it all hopefuly over the weekend, if like what you just said could you explain about the link out as i have never done this before and i will let you know how i get on thanks for putting up with me

In each of the terminals remove the wires and put in a link between the terminals.

Just remember there is live electricity in the panel. If unsure please get someone in.

A good idea if your still happy is to remove the fuse from the spur as you work on the panel.

In each of the terminals remove the wires and put in a link between the terminals.

Just remember there is live electricity in the panel. If unsure please get someone in.

A good idea if your still happy is to remove the fuse from the spur as you work on the panel.

will try soon and let you know

will try soon and let you know

hi there alarm, need your help m8 please, only just managed to get it all tested again, first the panel is broken, i just got delivered today a new ade gen 4 panel,

i have wired the keypad, box, battery and electric .

my old pir there is six wire but does not say which is for what, i am confused that on my old panel there is only one wire going into the zone, because am not sure which wire is for what for could you put me in the right way, the way am reading it as follows

2 wire from the pir into a zone location ie zone 1

+ & - into +13v & 0v

tamp to tamp with one wire joining each each as a link

i am showing a picture on the right to show you how it wired,

the other think on the new box there is factory fitted links on the keypad tamp, pa, tamp and scb do these stay inside or remove them after a test of it done when it finished wired thanks, andy View media item 36848

Assuming blue/yellow is zone
Red/black is power
Green/white is tamper

Then all is correct.

Remove the links in the panel, these are "shorting " the terminals in case not used.

Assuming blue/yellow is zone
Red/black is power
Green/white is tamper

Then all is correct.

Remove the links in the panel, these are "shorting " the terminals in case not used.

ok uploading another picture not that clear thoe without going back up in the loft am certain it blue/yellow on the picture it shows a joint yellow over the both tamp connection and green/white going now where View media item 36853

First of all, what a `kin mess.

Right. looks like red/Black is power. Yellow blue is circuit.
Green white was tamper but not even fitted. The yellow is indeed a link to the tamper terminals.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back