honeywell keypad

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi there in the progress of replaceing a new keypad and alarm box the keypad i bought was an 8EP416-EU and the alarm box connect AG6 to Optima Compact GEN4, did the keypad the same as it was before then the box soon as i connect power the alarm went off put in the code alarm stop then that was it,

on the keypad i showed a spanner with the a red light on contacted honeywell they said there a fault with the tamp , so i took it down taken it back replace it and again am i doing some thing wrong.

Sponsored Links
Close the lid on the keypad and the control box and try again.

Then go around all the other devices and check them for tampers.
Also in a spare moment actually read the manual.

Sponsored Links
Then go around all the other devices and check them for tampers.
Also in a spare moment actually read the manual.

hi alarm reference the manual there wasent any that came with the keypad if when they exchange it this afternoon they did not give any with to do with the spanner on the box that what honeywell tech told me with the light on there a fault with the tamp

Tamper circuits are on the keypad the main panel the external sounder and the devices themselves.
I was refering to the manual for the panel, the keypad one is just a bit of A4 paper folded.

Tamper circuits are on the keypad the main panel the external sounder and the devices themselves.
I was refering to the manual for the panel, the keypad one is just a bit of 14 paper folded.

the panel i dont have as it quite a few old i checked the panel all the connection are correct as i have not touched them, on the panel i only took out the live wire and the fuse which are back inside , the keypad there was nothing with it looked on the net there nothing i can see

Well I have said check ALL tampers.
But the RKP may be wrong anyway.

Check ALL tampers with a multi meter, that way WE ARE NOT GUESSING.

Well I have said check ALL tampers.
But the RKP may be wrong anyway.

Check ALL tampers with a multi meter, that way WE ARE NOT GUESSING.

ok will try tmr

check tamp all ok now getting confused being told to try this

ST- = yellow
R- = white
SW = black
V+ =red
V- =green

at panel
STrobe + nothing on a newaccenta or optima
STrobe - =yellow
SCB = T = white
SCB =A = green
BELL + D= red
BELL - B = black

Something doesnt look right there. I think you have your black and white crossed over, but the labels aren't very clear tbh, bit too ambiguous.
Dont recognise the labels but if I had to plump for an educated guess I would go as follows.

ST-, yellow goes to STROBE-
R-, white goes to B-
SW, black goes to SCB T
V+, red goes to B+
V-, green goes to SCB A

Something doesnt look right there. I think you have your black and white crossed over, but the labels aren't very clear tbh, bit too ambiguous.
Dont recognise the labels but if I had to plump for an educated guess I would go as follows.

R-, white goes to B-
SW, black goes to SCB T
V+, red goes to B+
V-, green goes to SCB A

this is what i was told to do

Panel AG6
T...... R
A..... V-
ST-..... ST
D..... V+
B..... SW

which meant i did

st - green

r red

sw - white

v+ yellow

v- black

i have upload picture to see if i am correct or not

R-, white goes to B-
SW, black goes to SCB T
V+, red goes to B+
V-, green goes to SCB A

this is what i was told

Panel AG6
T...... R
A..... V-
ST-..... ST
D..... V+
B..... SW

which meant i did

st - green

r red

sw - white

v+ yellow

v- black

i have upload picture to see if i am correct or not
View media item 36722 View media item 36723 View media item 36724

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back