honeywell keypad

First of all, what a `kin mess.

Right. looks like red/Black is power. Yellow blue is circuit.
Green white was tamper but not even fitted. The yellow is indeed a link to the tamper terminals.

either way then i can use the both green / white or just use as the yellow as show all being well i try in the next few days when i get back thanks again

Sponsored Links
Think you missed the point.

One pair for the circuit
One pair for Tamper
One pair for power.

Have a read of the manual.

Bell is correct. (assuming all tamper switches are shut)

You now need a multimeter, and a pic of the FRONT of the keypad to see if its compatible

Following off Alarm, Assuming you have the engineers manual, that will tell you everything , such as what screw terminals are what , how to wire pir and d/c to panel and how to wire [/b]Tamper

Sponsored Links
Following off Alarm, Assuming you have the engineers manual, that will tell you everything , such as what screw terminals are what , how to wire pir and d/c to panel and how to wire [/b]Tamper

hi alarm back for today then away again tomorrow, wired the new panel wiire for wire including green/ and white which was not connected before, as the manual soon as i put in the new battery the alarm goes of put in default code that go off and screw the cover on , go back to the keypad still the same wont let me doing anything,

went back took out my zone one which was the doors as i am sure there a contact missing and tried that loop that was on the tamp to tamp, but again on boot up soon as the first default code goes in nothing happens, what should i try next please

Bell is correct. (assuming all tamper switches are shut)

You now need a multimeter, and a pic of the FRONT of the keypad to see if its compatible

the keypad is the one that came with the panel as a package

Check the wiring.
Is it programed into the system?

hi there alarm, just to let you know it all working now had a friend who a electrican came down not the one from the other day, ended up my pir in zone 2 was shorten out i can do with out that zone so he disabled it, so after join wire all over the place he got it working i dont no what he done but it all sorted now , thanks again for all your help sorry for being a pain andy

At last. :D

Looks like there was more "shorts" and your now bloke was a bit more savvy.
As a short on the zone would not do all as described.

yes i dont mind wireing but when some thing does your head in it get to you lol, any he had more idea going over with the meter why last week some one else didnt pick it up i dont now but all done now thanks again m8

yes i dont mind wireing but when some thing does your head in it get to you lol, any he had more idea going over with the meter why last week some one else didnt pick it up i dont now but all done now thanks again m8

hi alrarm,
all had gone well till today, walk past the keypad this afternoon all the lights that was lite at the bottom, ie power etc have gone off the keypad itself is all led ones are one, check the panel there power still on but nothing going through to the pad, change it to the spare one that the same any ideas again please

Back to check and test.
My bet is still shorts somewhere.

Start again. Strip panel out, link out all tampers and ONLY CONNECT the keypad. Leave that for a day, see what happens as you walk about. ( Short could be under a carpet). Next day introduce the Sounder Internal, day after the external.

I assume you have the time for this.

Again, next day add a PIR, so on so forth. Or spend a good day on it.

Personally now I would strip it all back and take meter readings of all the cables. Check for shorts, ect.

Back to check and test.
My bet is still shorts somewhere.

Start again. Strip panel out, link out all tampers and ONLY CONNECT the keypad. Leave that for a day, see what happens as you walk about. ( Short could be under a carpet). Next day introduce the Sounder Internal, day after the external.

I assume you have the time for this.

Again, next day add a PIR, so on so forth. Or spend a good day on it.

Personally now I would strip it all back and take meter readings of all the cables. Check for shorts, ect.

wish i had that much time daft question now we no the panel, keypad box is all new, whould it best to either replace all the pir and the cable to the lot at least we there should be no issue then ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back