ACS Assessments

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Cheers to all those who helped; I've passed my ACS first time round!Anyone else think they're quite easy and straightforward- just perceived to be really hard!

I did mine at BG in Leeds. Anyone else done them there?

Sponsored Links
Anyone else think they're quite easy and straightforward- just perceived to be really hard!

I do :LOL:

Well done fella....Now the real learning begins :LOL:

Sure they're easy, unless you're ignorant or stupid.
I was recently asked by a candidate what NCS, AR and ID stood for.
About 40% think yellow flames are caused by too much air.
66 multiplied by one and a half is 67.
etc
etc

this ACS gas test(s) - are they both practical and theory? Does ACS qualified allow you to work on gas boilers/fires, etc?! I have seen advertisements for ACS courses in newspapers recently.

Sponsored Links
ACS assessments are industry exams ascertaining competency on gas appliances/installations.
They do allow you to work on gas provided you work for a corgi registered business, or if you go self-employed, provided you gain corgi registration.

Yes it's easy, it is only really there to weed out people who would be a liability. Even if you are half soaked gas wise the assesors usually coach you through as much as they possibly can.
Congratulations on getting your acs, now try to work out how you get the case off most boilers!

Cheers to all those who helped; I've passed my ACS first time round!Anyone else think they're quite easy and straightforward- just perceived to be really hard!

I did mine at BG in Leeds. Anyone else done them there?

If You'd tried Leeds College of Building you would of found it much harder ,thank your lucky stars!

Congratulations on getting your acs, now try to work out how you get the case off most boilers!
Totally agree with both comments. Few years ago Rogue Traders (or similar program) made fun of someone because they had difficulty removing a boiler cover.

Reality is it can be a nightmare!!

Yeh, as stupid as it sounds, getting boiler cases can be a nightmare; even on easy ones such as Halstead Quattro I've struggled :oops:

Yeh, as stupid as it sounds, getting boiler cases can be a nightmare; even on easy ones such as Halstead Quattro I've struggled :oops:

Congratulations, I presume that as you surpassed in domestic that you will have no difficulty doing the commercial element?

done mine a few months ago it wasnt as hard as the first time.

and now I have to do my COMCAT 1-5 as thats run out too :cry:

Commercial is no prob as long as you can
1) read the instructions, which a lot can't
2) do basic arithmetic, which a lot can't
3) have an IQ over moron level, which ..... :rolleyes:

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Totally agree with both comments. Few years ago Rogue Traders (or similar program) made fun of someone because they had difficulty removing a boiler cover.

Reality is it can be a nightmare!!

Thats what a crowbar or gas cutting torch's for :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back