Adding a plug socket.

Sponsored Links

Is it potentially dangerous? Why?
Or, are you referring to possible interference?

If interference, I am not bothered as I am not using the cable anyway. I will be routing a new cable down from the loft, direct into the tv (no faceplate)

Well it's against the regs, unless the coax is insulated to 250V.

How dangerous it is is a judgement call....

Sponsored Links
Unlikely to cause any problems and, in my personal opinion only, not worth worrying about in terms of interference over such a short distance. The insulation on the T+E shouldn't be breaking down any time soon, therefore the risk of 250v coming into contact with the coax seems unlikely in any case.

On a side point, on things like disabled toilet alarms... how are you supposed to comply totally, there is a control unit and power supply board built onto one of the plates (usually the reset button... but at least one make has it in the sounder that goes above the door), so whatever you do, you have got to have both a twin and a ELV alarm cable entering the pattress

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back