Addition oven wiring

I was assuming (yes, I know :confused: ) that this soi-disant electrician had not encountered diversity, for if he had he would not be insisting on a new circuit, and therefore the proposed hob circuit has no diversity in it already.
Indeed. I suspect that he may have been simply "adding up MIs". If the MIs for the ovens said that they each required "16A fuses" (or, as EFLI has suggested, maybe 16A supplies), he may have thought that that 'used up' all of the available 32A circuit, and therefore that anything additional (e.g. the hob) would require a separate new circuit. As you imply, he may have benefited from a crash course in diversity - which actually tends to become a more valid concept as the number of bits of 'cooking appliances' increases.

Kind Regards, John

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back