Adjusting Hoover pressure switch

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have a Hoover AL 130 which has developed a problem with the pressure switch.

It seems extraordinarily sensitive. Slightly too much soap, too much washing, r in the month, and it will click and click and click instead of switching off the water valve. It will then work right for a week or two before the problem surfaces again. It is driving my wife bonkers.

I have blown down the tube from the drum, which is clear and does not appear to be holed. On taking the switch off I find it has three adjustment screws. Looking from the back, with the hose connection uppermost, they are:- central, ten o clock, and there is a very deep one just below the hose connection. The one at ten o clock is half way out of its housing.

I cannot find an adjustment proceedure for these on the internet, and I cannot find a supplier or a new one. I have never in thirty years called a repair man in yet and am loath to do so now obver something I seem to have diagnosed correctly, but don't just like to 'twiddle a screw and see what happens' - especially as there are three to choose from!!

Anyone tell me how to adjust the thing, or where to get a new one if this isn't a good idea?

Thanks

John Davies, Walsall

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back