ADVERTISING MY BUSINESS

B

BOB.DOLE

How do i go about advertising my business on google or ask jeeves. do i need to set up a web page and if so how much do they charge per year.

Sponsored Links
They do not have a "western section" so I cannot say where you will put your "Cowboy for hire" pitch.

:LOL:

The basic search is free as long as you register your sites meta tags (key words). If you want to always come up on the first page the charges depend on the type of business etc. We use Yell.com and get loads of calls. That costs around 1.5k/year but it pays for its self over & over.

PS, has anyone here tried googling their DIYnot nickname? :eek:

DIYnot.com > View topic > Photoshop Caption Contest No 2Pensdown from United Kingdom Joined: 17 Jan 2006 Posts: 713 Location: Kent, ... Pensdown from United Kingdom Joined: 17 Jan 2006 Posts: 713 Location: Kent, ...
www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=387506 - Cached

I'm not sure I like the idea?

Sponsored Links
Fin said:
They do not have a "western section" so I cannot say where you will put your "Cowboy for hire" pitch.

:LOL:
dooooooo thats another fine mess you got me into fin

Pensdown said:

DIYnot.com > View topic > Photoshop Caption Contest No 2Pensdown from United Kingdom Joined: 17 Jan 2006 Posts: 713 Location: Kent, ... Pensdown from United Kingdom Joined: 17 Jan 2006 Posts: 713 Location: Kent, ...

im top of the list ;)

I don't know though...fancy a pair of 'sloggers'?... :LOL:

197_clog_family_big.jpg

Put on a pair of our 'sloggers' and you’ll know why they’re so popular. Put ‘em on, slide ‘em off. Make ‘em muddy, hose ‘em down.

Pensdown said:

:eek: :eek: omg I'm famouseeeee............

i get some intresting results, dont understand half of them though! :LOL:

BOB.DOLE said:
How do i go about advertising my business on google or ask jeeves. do i need to set up a web page and if so how much do they charge per year.

If you havent got a website, then how will people looking on the internet be able to look at your site?

google and all serach engines only list websites, and pages / info on those sites, no site, no google.

how much? cheapest way is diy, but thats another story.

if its any use, google pay me. (honest) its to do with advertising but its now starting to pay for the sites i run

breezer said:
BOB.DOLE said:

If you havent got a website, then how will people looking on the internet be able to look at your site?

google and all serach engines only list websites, and pages / info on those sites, no site, no google.

how much? cheapest way is diy, but thats another story.

if its any use, google pay me. (honest) its to do with advertising but its now starting to pay for the sites i run

nice to know breezer what would it cost to run a website for a year on google or ask jeeves ,

and to be honest do you think this kind of advertising would suit my kind of business.

my websites are not "run on either"

i shall briefly try to explain.

you choose a name, see if it is available, buy the name from a webhost.*
you also buy webspace from the same webhost (you dont have to but its easier)

You make your site put in meta tags, google and similar see meta tags, they then mention your site. simple.

* a webhost company have servers (BIG pc's) you buy x amount of space on this server. You upload your site to the server. (a bit like i just did in order for you to see this messge, but its all done for you, you just click submit, and it goes to the server)

as i said google and the like see the servers and look for meta tags, (they cant see much else) they then list you

So some of my sites are hosted by these people (other web hosts are available) and so i have websites that are listed on google and other search engines, but none are hosted by google, as thats not what google do.

other web hosts do provide a web hosting package with diy / sample pages for you to customise.

edited to remove post that is now under bobs post

breezer said:
my websites are not "run on either"

i shall briefly try to explain.

you choose a name, see if it is available, buy the name from a webhost.*
you also buy webspace from the same webhost (you dont have to but its easier)

You make your site put in meta tags, google and similar see meta tags, they then mention your site. simple.

* a webhost company have servers (BIG pc's) you buy x amount of space on this server. You upload your site to the server. (a bit like i just did in order for you to see this messge, but its all done for you, you just click submit, and it goes to the server)

as i said google and the like see the servers and look for meta tags, (they cant see much else) they then list you

So some of my sites are hosted by these people (other web hosts are available) and so i have websites that are listed on google and other search engines, but none are hosted by google, as thats not what google do.

other web hosts do provide a web hosting package with diy / sample pages for you to customise

thasnks breezer shall look into it tomorror.

Sponsored Links
Back