Setting up my own web page How is it done?

B

BOB.DOLE

what is the best way to set up a web page for a business, and then how do i advertise it, and how do i register as a domain name come to think of it what is a domain name,

i need ABC help as i am completly thick.

Sponsored Links
Just type your Q's into google there are loads of comapnies willing to help, or browse your ISP, they generally have loads of help re creating your own web page.

Sponsored Links
domain name for example is diynot.com

you need a webhost, you register the name with them be it .co.uk,com,.me etc. you then create a webpage and upload it.

the above is short simple terms.

there are losts of web design progs out there, some webhosts provide templates, for you, but always read the small print.

if you go for it yourself you can change it when you like, and learn a new skill.

paying some one is usually expensive

breezer said:
domain name for example is diynot.com

you need a webhost, you register the name with them be it .co.uk,com,.me etc. you then create a webpage and upload it.

the above is short simple terms.

there are losts of web design progs out there, some webhosts provide templates, for you, but always read the small print.

if you go for it yourself you can change it when you like, and learn a new skill.

paying some one is usually expensive

thanks breezzer is their any programmes i can download free so i can design my own web page.
And once i have done this how would i then send this page so i can advertise on google, and do you know how much it would be to advertise.

in reverse.

google will find you, (free) unless you want to pay for a sponsored ad. (works out very expensive)

dont know about free progs, I use ms front page

as i also mentioned some webhosts offer a "package" domain name, web template and max number of pages all for a set fee. to be honest it is how i started, but after a while i found its limitations too limiting

BOB.DOLE said:
thanks breezzer is their any programmes i can download free so i can design my own web page......

Try www.fasthosts.co.uk They will organise a domain AND provide the software to set up your web page. I have used it and it is really easy to use. I am a novice and had my own web page in less than half an hour!

Just try them...costs nothing to look! Oh - and by the way...I don't own or work for the Company! :)

I watched the video clip, it seems a lot of hassle to me compared to ms frontpage, since once you have set a page it copies all the colours / theme for you (yes you can change it) but i suppose it is what you are used to

breezer said:
I watched the video clip, it seems a lot of hassle to me compared to ms frontpage, since once you have set a page it copies all the colours / theme for you (yes you can change it) but i suppose it is what you are used to
do you mean the zyweb? yes its a bit of a hassle compared to the blog, I'll probably stop using it .

Richardp said:
get a blog, its easy and costs nothing.
http://www.blogger.com/start?hl=en[/QUOTE]
Blogger is nice and handy, have made a blog with it a year ago, but I really prefer typepad.com, especially for businesses it's better (you can have 'categories' where you can post specific topics under which comes in very handy when you use a blog as a 'normal' website.) And typepad is also free and has many more 'features' than blogger.

Sponsored Links
Back