ADVERTISING MY BUSINESS

p.s i dont really know what your buisiness is, but if some one has a business in the same line as you do, and they have a website and you dont guess who wins.

remember a website can be seen 24/7 and as such is a 24/7 advert (although most of my sites i run for the "fun of it" and only give free info, and i dont sell anything / or any services (on most of them)

why look tomorrow, a website is open 24/7

one thing i will say in favor of the people i mentioned.

i ordered a web name and i think it was within 38 minutes it was up on the www for all to see, now that is what i call service!

if it was a fluke or if its because i spend a lot with them i dont know, it may have just been the time of day id id it.

it usulay works like this, order it on a friday night, its ready to upload to by monday morning

Sponsored Links
breezer said:
p.s i dont really know what your buisiness is, but if some one has a business in the same line as you do, and they have a website and you dont guess who wins.

remember a website can be seen 24/7 and as such is a 24/7 advert (although most of my sites i run for the "fun of it" and only give free info, and i dont sell anything / or any services (on most of them)

why look tomorrow, a website is open 24/7

one thing i will say in favor of the people i mentioned.

i ordered a web name and i think it was within 38 minutes it was up on the www for all to see, now that is what i call service!

if it was a fluke or if its because i spend a lot with them i dont know, it may have just been the time of day id id it.

it usulay works like this, order it on a friday night, its ready to upload to by monday morning

thanks breezer sounds good to me will check it out.

And just to add to Breezer's excellent post, Im not sure if we get work because of our web site but it's like a brochure and it gives your company a personality.

The only type of advertised work that we do is testing. We get a lot of people living outside of our area who are buying house's in our area. They seem to search on yell for a sparks by postcode and up we come.

And the the first comment we normally get is "you are the only one to answer the phone" If you are a small company, make sure the phone number you quote is manned all day or you are wasting your money

It cost me about £1200 to have a website done about 3 years ago, and it paid for itself within a couple of weeks. I also pay to have my site listed on the right hand side when you do a goole search for certain words. This is on a pay per click basis where I pay according to the number of people who click on the link. I think it costs about £20/month.

Sponsored Links
hermes said:
It cost me about £1200 to have a website done about 3 years ago, and it paid for itself within a couple of weeks. I also pay to have my site listed on the right hand side when you do a goole search for certain words. This is on a pay per click basis where I pay according to the number of people who click on the link. I think it costs about £20/month.
And how much do you get out it it? Sales wise?
Do you check if your websites comes up in the normal search results?

Bob.dole, it's not always as easy as it sounds. If you have a website, make sure the page navigation is correct (no ending up on page 404's etc), your contact details are easily found, your meta keywords are not only in the meta tags, but also spread in the body text, pictures have ALT-tages behind them etc. etc etc.

You can 'tell' Google you site is live, but is normally takes between 3 - 5 weeks before Google's spiders index your site. Before that, you will not be found on the search results.

I'v designed, built and webmarket my own websites and now also one for another local business. That site was indexed within 3 weeks ;) and is now getting found high up the search results on Google, MSN and Yahoo (and we don't use pay-per-click). Why: did research on keywords, had the proper navigation in place and we keep updating the site with little new bits of information, also helps to trigger repeated 'visits' from the 'spiders'.

My latest website (kissbusiness) was indexed within 4 days (hurray!), because my other, well scoring websites are linking to it i.e. spiders follow every new link ;)

WoodYouLike said:

Probably £80k last year from the website as a whole. Under the normal terminology for our product my site is usually at the top of the 1st page anyway, but some customers use a different wording, so I do the pay per click for that as the site doesn't feature in the first page. I don't know how much revenue the pay per click generates but I'm afraid to stop it in case I miss a customer (most of our customers become repeat customers.)

hermes said:
WoodYouLike said:

Probably £80k last year from the website as a whole. Under the normal terminology for our product my site is usually at the top of the 1st page anyway, but some customers use a different wording, so I do the pay per click for that as the site doesn't feature in the first page. I don't know how much revenue the pay per click generates but I'm afraid to stop it in case I miss a customer (most of our customers become repeat customers.)
right you are.
Could be handy to included those typical keywords or phrases in your normal text? We found that people searching for the phrase 'real wood' normally only found us on page 8 or 9. Since we've included that little phrase on some of the pages, we're also one page 1 with those searches.
(Have to 'keep-on-the-ball' with webmarketing and for me, it's turned into a great and profitable 'hobby')

WoodYouLike said:
right you are.
Could be handy to included those typical keywords or phrases in your normal text? We found that people searching for the phrase 'real wood' normally only found us on page 8 or 9. Since we've included that little phrase on some of the pages, we're also one page 1 with those searches.
(Have to 'keep-on-the-ball' with webmarketing and for me, it's turned into a great and profitable 'hobby')

Thanks I'll try that.

Pensdown said:
And the the first comment we normally get is "you are the only one to answer the phone" If you are a small company, make sure the phone number you quote is manned all day or you are wasting your money
My friend's mum runs a business from home. When someone rings, after 5 rings, it transfers the call to her mobile. Excellent idea.

crafty1289 said:
Pensdown said:
My friend's mum runs a business from home. When someone rings, after 5 rings, it transfers the call to her mobile. Excellent idea.

http://web5.yac.com/CallCentre/Personal.do?f_affiliateId=PPC006

look here its free for 30 days

I think that site's expensive. I have smart-divert on my business lines. It costs about £3 per line per month and it means that whether I'm at work or not, I can divert the calls to any number including my mobile.

Pensdown said:
PS, has anyone here tried googling their DIYnot nickname? :eek:

I found this thing, no idea who he is or what he's about. i think perhaps he is a Technophile.

Welcome to the JohnD's Forum.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Johnd.ORG

and also

Welcome to www.johnd.se
This is where you'll find everything about John d., his music, and his shows.

And this strange fellow http://users.snowcrest.net/ricmcfly/JohnD.htm

One on a Forum http://forums.audioholics.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23565

Good grief! there's hundreds of them! http://homepage.mac.com/johnd/album.html

this one seems to have pegged out already http://www.jdcountrymusic.com/

Who are all these weird people?

Sponsored Links
Back