Advice on Condenser boiler drain pipe

Sponsored Links
There's a big shortage of good installers in Aberdeen, what with the big money in the oil industry, most guys can make double what they'd make doing boiler installs.

I've heard this before, I believe BG were offering £25k + £8k relocation expenses if you signed up for a 5 year stint in Aberdeen.
What offshore jobs are available for domestic or commercial gas engineers?

Oh FFS....You turn up at anyone's door with a Scouse accent & they'll not let you in la!!........ ;)

There's loads of jobs in NE Scotland, so there's a shortage of good Plumbers/Heating Engineers.

The suits at BG can't get any good guys either & they pay pi.. Poor money anyway!! They just can't fill all the polo shirts they have.

5 years in Aberdeen??!! You'd be better of in jail. It's a cold wet sh.t hole of a place.

The floor joists are 5 x2.5 inches.

The notches are 2 inches deep and are less than a meter from the wall.

Is this too big a cut?

Sponsored Links
Quick update.

Original plumber came round this morning, I pointed out the wrongly connected boiler drain pipe he has now fixed it so its runs in to the main waste pipe.

Pointed out the joists and now a joiner is coming out next week to brace these, no doubt a quick bit of wood screwed in the side so its looks good but nothing else.

I have been in touch with a local building surveyor and have emailed the photos of the joists to him.

I could do without all this hassle.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back