Advice on how to become a Corgi Plumber?

Sponsored Links
Qualis for Gas I took

NVQ2 Gas Installation - £235 for exam fee but takes 2 days a week for 8 months at local college.

ACS - CCN1 CEN1 CPA1 - £710

All done for less than a grand but Gas Safe take £440 of you for initial registration.

Im led to believe you need NVQ2 to sit your ACS.

D

Perhaps we should return to the days of 7 year apprenticeships, journeyman and eventually master. :eek: Get into the 21st Century and drop down from your high horse, and upperclass titles.

C&G in my time, and plenty of on the job experience But NVQ now sorts out the real future professionals and I'll support them all the way. They don't have a choice but are willing and able.

Sponsored Links
Good point - but what this country needs and will never get is whole industry regulation - not just half arsed gas only . Then chartered and other engineers would have titles that the public understood - no rogue trader progs. and a sensible system where we`re all on a level playing field - and BG can look after their own world ;)

Chartered Engineer - You are going to rattle a few cages with your potentially abusive end script - if you already have not done so. :eek:

A lot of good ENGINEERS (or whatever our customers prefer to call us) - Plumbing, Electrical, Gas are out there and dedicated and proud of their professions and expertise. Don't knock us, you are not above us.

A Professional Plumber and Gas Engineer and proud of it.

All I can say is every other EU country has protected the title "Engineer", I think it is shameful that the government allows joe bloggs the cowboy to plaster the title on the side of his van and then use it.

The title doctor is protected, I don't see why Engineer cannot be.

As far as I am concerned a level 3/4 qualification is not suitable enough for the title "Engineer". In my humble opinion 4 years degree with 4 years on the job training is more appropriate.

I am fully aware that the majority of people on here will disagree with that statement for the pure reason that they don't meet the criteria.

Yep , too many so called 'engineers' out there who know jack **** about the trade , i was still expected to make tea 6 months into my apprenticeship :mrgreen: ................was still making tea when i qualified 8 years later. ;) .........& STILL learning 35 years later. :mrgreen:

Chartered Engineer - You are going to rattle a few cages with your potentially abusive end script - if you already have not done so. :eek:

A lot of good ENGINEERS (or whatever our customers prefer to call us) - Plumbing, Electrical, Gas are out there and dedicated and proud of their professions and expertise. Don't knock us, you are not above us.

All I can say is every other EU country has protected the title "Engineer", I think it is shameful that the government allows joe bloggs the cowboy to plaster the title on the side of his van and then use it.

As far as I am concerned a level 3/4 qualification is not suitable enough for the title "Engineer". In my humble opinion 4 years degree with 4 years on the job training is more appropriate.

I am fully aware that the majority of people on here will disagree with that statement for the pure reason that they don't meet the criteria.

This guy is up his own arse. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: I still earn more ;)

This guy is up his own a**e. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: I still earn more ;)

Unsurprisingly, as someone who doesn't meet the criteria, I disagree.

I think the opposite. Most degree laden "engineers" that i meet know only about their own specific field that they have spent their "time" learning in white rooms with bright lights and clean books.

I know several men that would run rings round these so called engineers. One in particular is a just short of a genius but has virtually no qualifications. He can turn his hand to anything and has been a valuable source of information to me for many years.

While I am nowhere near these heady heights I will give just about anything a go and i was brought up to take things apart and understand them.

To dismiss someone as an engineer because of a lack of qualifications smacks roundly of the elitism that firmly holds this country back from being a great country again.

If you think the EU are protecting the word engineer for any other reason than monetary gain you are probably quite naive.

To dismiss someone as an engineer because of a lack of qualifications smacks roundly of the elitism that firmly holds this country back from being a great country again.

Seems you can turn your hand to politics too. :mrgreen: ...............should be a speaker in the house of commons. ;)

Seems you can turn your hand to politics too. :mrgreen: ...............should be a speaker in the house of commons. ;)

no i would be punted out for punching someone, my temper is far too short for bullshit. :mrgreen:

my temper is far too short for bulls**t. :mrgreen:

:mrgreen: ......................seems there's a lot of bullshit & 'quoting' going on in this forum , are we not plumbing/heating/gas engineers anymore? i think some members rely far too much on reference material when answering a question , ask em the day after & they've possibly forgotton the answer. :mrgreen:.........................YOU ALL KNOW WHO YOU ARE.... ;)...................why don't we all cut the bullshit & go & look @ some members installs? , will say a thousand words. :p

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back