Advice on how to become a Corgi Plumber?

All I can say is every other EU country has protected the title "Engineer", I think it is shameful that the government allows joe bloggs the cowboy to plaster the title on the side of his van and then use it.

The title doctor is protected, I don't see why Engineer cannot be.

As far as I am concerned a level 3/4 qualification is not suitable enough for the title "Engineer". In my humble opinion 4 years degree with 4 years on the job training is more appropriate.

I am fully aware that the majority of people on here will disagree with that statement for the pure reason that they don't meet the criteria.

+1

Sponsored Links
I know several men that would run rings round these so called engineers. One in particular is a just short of a genius but has virtually no qualifications. He can turn his hand to anything and has been a valuable source of information to me for many years.

No doubt they could also turn their hand to surgery, but should they call themselves doctors. There are many prople with a lot of intelligence and practical ability who can turn their hand to anything, but does that then mean they can masquerade as a professional?

I assume you would not support anyone installing their own boiler just because they could.

I was going to write some more, but Wikipedia provides much more background and attitudes within the UK.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Engineer

Every day I give thanks for being a simple gas fitter.

30 years in now, that must stand for something.

Sponsored Links
I'm just a timeserved gobsh*&%, I've been practising since the day I was born.

I know several men that would run rings round these so called engineers. One in particular is a just short of a genius but has virtually no qualifications. He can turn his hand to anything and has been a valuable source of information to me for many years.

No doubt they could also turn their hand to surgery, but should they call themselves doctors.
Er , no they can`t call themselves Dr. they must remain Mr. :idea:

Hello,

I like to change my carrier and like to become a plumber. I can do most of things i.e install CH change boiler etc, but im not registered or qualified as Corgi plumber.

Thank

So you are already illegally installing boilers then!

Are you an East European?

i posted on this forum to get some genuine/honest advice, and what do i get from some idiots (criticism/racist remarks)!! WOW!!!

To answer your question YES i do install boilers ( but i do not connect GAS) as YOU (maybe not) and i also know you have to be GAS SAFE to do that, Correct?? i hope so!!!!!!!!!!!!!! is it illegal to install boilers??????? i dont think so....

answer to your racist question - I am not from europe, i was born in UK lived all my life here!?

Actually you're not even supposed to install any heating system or hot and cold supplys unless competent :D

answer to your racist question - I am not from europe, i was born in UK lived all my life here!?

Since the majority of East Europeans are the same race as the majority of British people how can you suggest that question was in any way racist?

Presumably you missed out on your GCSE in Geography? Otherwise you would know that the UK is actually part of Europe!

I note that you dont comment on the question relating to already illegally installing boilers!

YOU are not allowed to even hang the boiler on the wall never mind connect the flue you twit

Not what I've been told by a gas safe engineer , and yes he is British NOT European!

As long as you are competent (plumber) you can install CH etc, are you telling me one can't change a radiator if he is not registered as Corgi?

Can you prove that? As I might be missing something here!

Finally try to keep this dissuasion in a respectable manner! As I do not intend to get into arguments. I only needed some advice so that I'm NOT installing boiler illegally!

Please no comments from racist!

Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back