Advice on how to fix this leaking Ideal ISAR HE30

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Can anyone give me any advice on how to fix this leaking Ideal ISAR HE30 combi.

I believe its called the Diverter valve head. Will the cartridge also need replacing.

Do i need any special tools to do this myself?

Hopefully the picture clearly shows the leak. Its a relatively new boiler and this has obviously been leaking for some time as its quite badly rusting inside.

Sponsored Links
The head is the electric bit, it doesn't have water in it. What you more than likely need is a diverter valve cartridge.
Drain system, remove head,, unscrew cartridge with tool that comes with it, refit everything in reverse order.
I always remove the pub on these boilers when do any water jobs!

As its an Ideal Isar you would be better removing the boiler and throwing it in the nearest skip and fitting something decent

Thanks for reply

To remove the head do i need any special tools? I guess the cartridge is very similar to that in a mixer shower?

I was thinking i may be able to just seperate the two parts and reseal

Sponsored Links
No special tool to remove head, the head and body are not sealed together. As I said earlier, the cartridge is probably leaking, it needs replacing not resealing

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back