Advice on walking off site

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello iv today walked off site due to i asked the builder to pay me upto date before i do anymore work, due to other trades have been talking an say he owes us all a lot of money "he owes the electrician 11k" only owes me 1.5k.

but i told him an he said oh come back there is a cheque here for 800 quid i said well its not 800 quid you oh me its £1500 an he replied well iv been on site an i think its only worth 800

i told him to f off an said ok forget it stuff the money an stuff you. he said you must return because we agreed you would do the work for 13.5 k

he also said if i dont get my arse back on site he is going to a solicitor to sue me for lost time on his build.

I hate hate builders there all the same cheeky ****s.

anyway does he have a leg to stand on to sue me?????????

thank you ;)

Sponsored Links
serves you right for fitting Ideals! :LOL:

At least you know it probably won't work when switched on though. . . . .

Yep he's entitled to full contract if you walk.either you finish or he gets someone to finish and bills you.

As yet he hasn't failed to pay,you've chose not to accept any monies.verbal invoices don't stand,give it him in writing.

Sponsored Links
I agreed 13.5k to do all plumbing & heating works, but i want paying what is owed upto date before i get in a situation of me doing 13k worth of work like the electrician an being told everyday oh il sort it tomorrow, different excuse everyday but the electrician carn't walk off site due to the amount he owes him.

did i mention iv only had one other cheque off this prick an it bounced.

confused on what to do :confused: times like this i wish i was employed.

tread with care fella i was in the same boat a long time ago

finished up with nothing

best i would advise is take some legal advice and see where you stand

you may find your in to deep once you started the job :cry: :cry:

but if the builder issues a cheque that bounces is he not in breach of contract himself?

id gladly take the 800 mate an run but the thing is wher do i run to!

it sounds like he can employ another plumber then bill me his costs? surely not..... :confused:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back