Advise needed please!!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there
I employed two guys to install a kitchen for me (dry fit only - no electrics, no gas works). I was busy installing someone else's kitchen only went on site to disconnect a gas hob and cap off the pipe work because they were not CORGI registered. I did all tests on the system, issued the gas safety certificate and left them to continue with the installation. Later on the customer have asked them to bury a copper gas pipe in the plastered wall, which they have done without even bother to ask me. The have also not wrapped the pipe with protective tape. Of course if I knew I would not let them touch the pipe at all. Anyway, the customer have noticed this and reported it to MAGNET Kitchens from which I have subcontracted the installation. He also claims compensation from Magnet for putting his property at risk.
Magnet wants me to pay it as they threat that if I do not pay they will report this to CORGI. Now I don't what to do. Am I responsible for this!!! The customer and the fitters had negotiated between them, he had paid them, I have not received money for this nor ever knew about it until all this exploded. Any opinion and advise would be highly appreciated. Thanks a lot.

Sponsored Links
IF YOU ARE THE SUB CONTRACTOR FOR THE ENTIRE JOB THEN ITS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO ENSURE THAT EVERYONE YOU EMPLOY AND SUB OUT TO ARE QUALIFIED IF REQUIRED IF YOU WERE JUST SUBBED OUT TO DO THE GAS WORK AND YOU HAVE DONE ALL TO REGS AND SOME NUMPTY HAS BEEN IN AFTER YOU THEN NOTHING TO DO WI YOU EITHER WAY LET THEM CONTACT CORGI IT WILL BE AS DIFFICULT AS CONTACTING HEATLINE FOR TECH ASSISTANCE LOL

you sub contracted the work from magnet, then passed it onto someone else.
far as magnet are concerned your doing the job. your problem.

don't know about magnet but all the people i sub to state that im not allowed to pass the work on without agreeing with them first.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back