Warning notice for new boiler and gas supply turned off

sorry I forgot to add that the Vaillant engineer said that due to the low pressure he was worried about the boiler 'flaming out'!1

Sponsored Links
Gentlemen, gentlemen why are you discussing the Dark Arts on the knumpty P&H forum???!! These matters are reserved for the combustion chamber pot or down the Lodge!!

sorry I forgot to add that the Vaillant engineer said that due to the low pressure he was worried about the boiler 'flaming out'!1
"Worried"......so the burner didn't actually "flame out"???...:)...get another "Vaillant engineer"...if concerned with "flame out" P.001 would have proved the point FFS...

Too many so called "gas engineers" that are out there who can't see further than their nose...engineering judgement seems to be a thing of the past....the gas industry is full of sheep who haven't the knowledge to think for themselves , tis a disgrace.... It pains me it really does..

Sponsored Links
The boiler did cut out when the bar pressure dropped too low. The Vaillant engineer was from Vaillant themselves, I called them as I thought the boiler might be faulty when the bar kept dropping and read something about a balloon in the boiler that could be the problem. Its seems like everyone has a different opinion on what is or isn't ok, how do I know what is right?

Thanks everyone for your replies, I should clarify a few points as I think I have been misunderstood on a few things.

I was having a new kitchen fitted along with a new boiler, the kitchen fitter recommended the 2 plumbers to me (I thought they were working for themselves/had their own company) and did not know that they worked for said large company (not BG) when they came to do the work but on seeing the did, was naive in putting trust in them being reputable/doing good work and yes it was a cash weekend job.

The gas supply is NOT on 22mm, they have connected the 15mm pipe from the boiler to the original supply (15mm) from the meter at floor level below the boiler. If I only have a boiler and no other gas appliances is 15mm pipe acceptable? Could this mean the issue may still be with the governor and what is a govenor?

I was given a 'Gas safety record' certificate by them but have not received any building regulations paper work from gas safe so it is fair to assume it was not registered.

Re - Steelmason - a moot point considering the lack of information, I'm happy to provide further information, please advise as I'm unsure what information you require?
I don't believe a word of the above..you are installing this boiler yourself and making up some cock and bull story......

Why would you think for yourself and put yourself at any personal risk?. Post after post, after post, after post on here these days is telling diyers they cant even think of looking at their boilers as they do not know the correct process and procedure. So it seems poor advice to say we know it but will ignore it because we know better imho. Have a crack at turning the inlet pressure down to 10mb on a non adjustable worcester compact and then check emissions.

Last edited:
Why would you think for yourself and put yourself at any personal risk?. Post after post after post after post on here these days is telling diyers they cant even think of looking at their boilers as they do not know the correct process and procedure so it seems poor advice to say we know it but will ignore it because we know better imho. Have a crack at turning the inlet pressure down to 10mb on a non adjustable worcester compact and then check emissions.
In English please.

the pipework sound undersized and needs checking/replacing, and water leaks neede repairing ,the guy who signed it off cant have checked the gas pressure as 24mb is not obtainable as a working inlet pressure.get it sorted asap

Have a crack at turning the inlet pressure down to 10mb on a non adjustable worcester compact and then check emissions.
Really???:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
I would bet I FGA more boilers in a day than you do in a month..;)

Yep really, try it. You might well do fella, I do 7 jobs a day 6 days a week on average so as long as youre powering through 43 jobs a day I will have to hand you that victory.

This situation is 100% genuine and I would not be stupid enough to try and install a boiler myself, I have no idea when it comes to gas or electrics for that matter and so leave it to people who I trust do. I came on here for advice and yet some people see it as an outlet to abuse others which is very sad, to those who are tring to help I appreciate your advice.

Quite simple colin you got caught by the cash cowboys :( so find a recommended gas bloke and get the gas upgraded and the leaks sorted, why would you trust the first two guys to do a decent job especially as they would be working for free ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back