African American

At the risk of sounding stupid yet again, I always thought of a sack race as being more like hopping, but on both feet together.

This has to be one of your best comments:
Hopping is when you jump with both feet together! :LOL: :LOL:
Keep 'em coming 'cos you're providing immense ammusement.

Sponsored Links
They have obviously chosen the wrong name then.
:rolleyes: What name would you suggest for awards given for music of black origin? :rolleyes:
I cannot think of one that is not racist which is the whole point.
So you'll settle for MOBO then because it's not racist? :LOL: :LOL:

Please describe black culture.
:rolleyes: I'm flattered that you think I have an encyclopedic knowledge.
You say they are cultural awards.
Could it be that there are many different cultures, some of which are not included in the awards but could be as long as the origins are not white (or yellow?)?

Seems racist to me.
:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
This has gone fom the incredibly absurd to the amazingly funny.
So the Classic Brit awards exclude any music that is not classical? Yeah
The Irish music awards exclude any music that is not Irish? Yeah.
The Ballroom dance awards exclude dances that are not ballroom dances.? Yeah
Ad infinitum.
You, also, should keep 'em coming because you're providing entertainment.

No. You are quoting countries again which contain all races.

Are you advocating the Black Brit Awards?
That's a shame, you've reverted to absurdity again.

You don't have to be Irish to play/sing Irish music!
You don't have to be Scottish to do the highland fling!
You don't have to be black to play/sing music of black origin!

Get it yet?

Sponsored Links
You don't have to be Irish to play/sing Irish music!
You don't have to be Scottish to do the highland fling!
You don't have to be black to play/sing music of black origin!

Get it yet?
They will never get it because they are racists.

music of white origin awards.

people of any colour can be nominated, as long as they sound white enough.

I am not racist.

I am saying that the organisers of the MOBOs are racist.

Just as feminists are now sexist.

music of white origin awards.

people of any colour can be nominated, as long as they sound white enough.
:rolleyes: There's prejudice and there's incredulity!
How scottish do you have to sound to do the highland fling?
How well must you speak Japanese to prepare sushi?
Must you be asian to cook curry?

Sheer lunacy!

I am not racist.

I am saying that the organisers of the MOBOs are racist.

Just as feminists are now sexist.
Perhaps those who share your view arrive at that opinion because they are inherently racist?
Because the title has the word "black" in it, you automatically deride it. It's in-built into your psyche, you can't help yourself.

Oops. Spelling

Perhaps those who share your view arive at that opinion because they are inherently racist?
Undoubtedly some (a lot) here are but that does not mean other people can be as well just to get their own back.

Because the title has the word "black" in it, you automatically deride it.
No, but it excludes other races' (colours') music origins therefore it is, by definition, racist.
However, that argument would be used if referring to the word "white" in a name.
Try starting the MOYOs (not a misprint) and see how far you get.

It's in-built into your psyche, you can't help yourself.
I wish you would stick to the argument.
You will not find any racist comments in any of my posts.

Just shows you how much off a dik rudolph is when he has resorted to calling efl a racist. Talk about losing the argument.
And then in true tradition nose sticks his oar in. :LOL:

rogue reindeer has been programmed by the PC brigade to accept some things without questioning them himself. just another directionless person that follows whichever trend is taking place at the time.

I think the MOBO awards are racist but there's nothing I can do about it.

Founded in 1996, the MOBO Organisation was established by Kanya King MBE to recognise the outstanding achievements of artists who perform music in genres ranging from Gospel, Jazz, RnB, Soul, Reggae to Hip Hop. Over the past 17 years MOBO has played an instrumental role in elevating black music and culture to mainstream popular status in the UK.

MOBO has grown quickly to become Europe’s leading urban music brand, and supports a huge variety of genres not just at the annual Awards but all year round through a series of other initiatives.
http://www.mobo.com/about-us
I've highlighted the important bit for you. It says nothing about the artists ethnicity.
Why don't you start an award for the genre of music that you prefer. As long as it doesn't restrict the artists who perfrom (by race, faith, sexuality, ethnicity, etc ), there would be nothing racist about it.

BTW, it only took me about ten seconds to find the web page and another 30 seconds to find the quote and copy it across.
You could have done that before forming or expressing your opinion.

I aslo note that this subject was discussed in 2004 and again in 2010. No doubt it'll re-surface again in another few years with claims that it is racist.

Slightly ironic, but there have been criticisms that the MOBOs are racist, in that they ignore the influence of other non-black groups, in the history of "black" music.

Critic Niall Crowley highlights the inherent inaccuracies in the term "black music", for example noting the significant Jewish influences on rhythm and blues and rock n roll. He states: "Without these and many other non-African Americans who played a defining role in the evolution of rhythm and blues, we wouldn’t have much of the great 'black' music we've had over the past 50 years or so." Crowley also juxtaposes the attitudes of the MOBOs with the huge success of black performers in recent decades, writing that the awards reinforce "the idea that today’s black performers are simply the latest generation of sufferers in a long history of victimhood." He argues that in reality "no one could possibly claim that recent generations of black performers have suffered at the hands of a racist music industry" and the MOBOs "encourage music fans to see discrimination and racism where there is none,[7]

Just shows you how much off a dik rudolph is when he has resorted to calling efl a racist. Talk about losing the argument.
And then in true tradition nose sticks his oar in. :LOL:

rogue reindeer has been programmed by the PC brigade to accept some things without questioning them himself. just another directionless person that follows whichever trend is taking place at the time.

:LOL: :LOL: This was a thread about the term "African-American" and the MOBO awards. It appears to have evolved into a thread about me. :LOL: :LOL:
Chat away to you hearts content.

Sponsored Links
Back