Air getting into radiators

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello!

Had a new boiler installed at the start of December.
Straight to the point - about 2 weeks after installation I noticed the rad in the upstairs front bedroom and the upstairs bathroom were cooler at the top than the bottom - so I bled the rads and that was fine. 2 weeks later only the bathroom rad did the same thing - bled it, fine. On Tuesday this week I've noticed that the same two rads had gone cooler at the top once again. The rad in the bathroom has also begun to make a slight tapping noise. Is there air getting into the system somewhere?

For info, there is no TRV on the bathroom rad and TRV's on all the other rads in the house.

All other rads in the house are working fine.

Cheers :)

Sponsored Links
What kind of system is it open or sealed have you got a combi or traditional system etc etc etc

What kind of system is it open or sealed have you got a combi or traditional system etc etc etc

Sponsored Links
If it's a sealed system, are you sure it's air? might be hydrogen. Completely different problem.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back