Air lock in washing machine

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Samsung cold fill only washing machine 12 months old. It seems to have an airlock as when it is on it keeps banging. How can I clear this

Sponsored Links
You need to narrow it down a bit, is it banging when taking water in or pumping it out. If it is doing it constantly then I doubt it is an air lock

More likely to be the copper water pipes banging I fear....as the fill valves turn off really quickly, you get whats called water hammer.
The best solution is to see that the pipes are securely clipped to the wall.
John :)

Sponsored Links
Not 100% sure as obviously I cannot see or hear it, but my guess would be the solenoid on the filling valve is faulty. If it is only just over 12 months old your supplier should look at a warranty claim with sympathy. As another poster already says, if it is an air lock in your pipes then you should be able to feel it by holding the copper or plastic supply pipe, not the rubber appliance pipe. Unless you have terribly low water pressure, I would have thought an airlock in the cold supply unusual.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back